Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
I know a couple of people who use these and to me they are no different then the reg. vitamins u buy at the vet or store.
My cousin swears by them and he has big dogs. Said that it helped his dog build better muscle........to me that is just called.."working your dog".
My cousin used them with his female all through her pregnancy...she did have big pups, way bigger then her last litter. She was a rottie though. Don't want pups to big though.....c-sections are expensive, and the risk of losing mom and pups also.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I've used it. It is a great product with ample supplies of calcium,phosphorus,potassium and selenium. It has your basic vitamins A,E and C plus has antioxidants as well. It is great for thier overall health. The same company makes NuVet Joint which is great for older dogs. However, dogs need plenty of exercise to really benefit from it though.A good brand dog food (none of that filler crap) should be all your dogs need. I personally like Nutro Ultra. It has a good source of protein (salmon,chicken) with no by-products. There are alot of good dog food brands to choose from but keep in mind the dog has gotta like it too. Nutro will refund you if you are not satisfied or your dog will not eat it. Avoid grocery store brands as they tend to have corn as fillers plus by-products.
If you do decide to supplement just make sure to feed the Vits in the morning or before exercising. It is not a magic wafer that will beef up your dog like Stallone but it can benefit an extremely active dog. Most of those Bully sites advertise NuVet to help out on the website fees. Keep in mind,those dogs were bred to look like that. It is a great vitamin, I'm not knocking it but it is what it is... a vitamin supplement.

·
Inkd & Dogs gotta love it
2,074 Posts

·
Inkd & Dogs gotta love it
2,074 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts