Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, long time no talk. How is everyone doing? I haven't been around to post much but I do still browse on occasion.

Kratos and I have been working on obedience and tricks since he was about 10 weeks old (he will be 1 year old in 2 days).

We have solidified several but a few are a work in progress.

Which obedience skills and tricks have been the hardest to teach, for you?

The hardest thing for us has been fetch. He is just now in the recent weeks understanding the concept of fetch.

I wanted to upload a few pictures of Kratos but they're all too large apparently.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've had a hard time with different things depending on the dog. My mutt had a hard time healing correctly. He still doesn't sit straight. Roll over is his trick he has a hard time with. he knows it but more often than not he ends up spinning while sitting on his butt. He does a million other things including sneezing on command and the captain Morgan pose.

My last guy had a hard time with fetch, too. he learned all his commands and tricks very easily. I used to show him and obedience and he loved it. I think the hardest thing for him was getting him to focus around other dogs. but we worked through it and he ended up being amazing at the shows.

my current girl, halo, is still young but picking everything up fast. I have to update you on that. I taught her down in one session and the next day my two year old could ask her to lay down and she'd do it without hesitation.

They all have their strengths and weaknesses when it comes two training. You'll get it just stay persistent and patient.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
There isn't any one particular thing for us... I'd say the hard part is trying to keep everything balanced and sharp! It feels like Whack-A-Mole sometimes, try to perfect one thing, another thing slips. lol

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Omg my boy was playing dead. Turning lights on and off and refused to learn how to give paw or high five. That was soooo difficult for him to grasp it was kinda funny. Now all he does is unsolicited high fives when he wants stuff lol

·
Registered
507 Posts
My girl thinks she is a delicate flower and she has anxiety and can be a bit skittish -

so teaching her to open the fridge door took forever - because she didn't think she could possibly have the strength. So we put down a rug to give her traction...and it still took forever.

Then the door was heavy so it would start to swing back on her and she thought it was going to attack.

It was actually kind of funny when she finally got it, because once she opened the door you could see her giving it the hairy eyeball and sort of arcing around it to get the bottle out like "I see you, no funny business now". ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts