Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

So exactly by this time next month me and my dog are attending to an obedience trial, if we succeed we will get an obedience certificate which is always a big bonus since my country discriminates so much my dog's breed.

I'll post some pics and videos soon :)

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
that's awesome! I hope you do great. Good luck! What type of things will your dog have to do to pass? You are in Portugal, right? Just curious about what different countries require.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
that's awesome! I hope you do great. Good luck! What type of things will your dog have to do to pass? You are in Portugal, right? Just curious about what different countries require.
Hello ames,

Well, he will have to sit, stay (15 meters), heel, retrieve object on order, come when called and stand.

Then he will have to do all of the above from a distance (15 meters again).

Some of the exercises also have variants, like with and without leash.

This is just basic obedience and my boy already does all of this, however, he is extremely dog aggressive, so now i'm trying real hard for him to focus only on me.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
very interesting, thanks for explaining. I have the same issue. My boy is great but as soon as another dog is around I need to try 4 times as hard for him to focus. he gets better and better though, all in the work you put in. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts