Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
http://pblnn.com/
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roo Yori Discusses Wallace & More Debate on Dog Shootings 10/16 by Pit Bulletin Legal News | Blog Talk Radio
Roo Yori Discusses Wallace & More Debate on Dog Shootings

Attorney Fred Kray and his co-host Jo Staats will discuss with Roo Yori his experiences with Wallace, and Wallace being named PBLN's 2012 Pit Bull Advocate of the Year. Debate on dog shootings will continue with guest Donald Cleary from NCRC who was part of a collaboration with the Department of Justice in creating a manual entitled "The Problem of Dog Related Incidents and Encounters" which discusses tools, practices, and procedures that contribute to effective responses to dog-related incidents where dogs are present. Regular show segments will include:

• Recap of law week's show
  • Weekly news update
  • BSL alerts with Jodi Preis
  • Dog bites with Jim Crosby
  • Best Blog posts of the week
  • Dog Park Diary

·
Good with tools
9,791 Posts
I still say if an officer feels threatened then make that decision. By all means, make it home safe to their families. I'll take responsibility for burying my dead dog at large. Better yet! My dogs will be secure so no human being is ever put in danger because of my irresponsibility. :).

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
I still say if an officer feels threatened then make that decision. By all means, make it home safe to their families. I'll take responsibility for burying my dead dog at large. Better yet! My dogs will be secure so no human being is ever put in danger because of my irresponsibility. :).
thats not the problem, dogs have been shot inside kennels...

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I hear ya, and I agree to a point. And if he does feel that way, I understand shooting before their own life. My problem is that it seems to happen to pit bull type dogs because they are scared of the reputation more than the golden that's in the yard. Its the cases where you KNOW they have gone into the wrong yard with a search warrant and some innocent dog gets killed at their stupidity I have issue with. But you are right. Anyone who Keeps their dogs outside without supervision, even if they are secure, do run the risk of something happening. You never know. Same as dogs inside the house, if a bugler breaks in and your dog escapes.

about 2 HOURS until show time! Hope you can join us!

·
Good with tools
9,791 Posts
thats not the problem, dogs have been shot inside kennels...
Understandable considering "rogue" officers with an agenda will probably murder an animal that is kenneled or confined. Most officers approach a scene with no, (zero)intentions of shooting a dog just because it's there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts