Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bullet gets really excited over new toys, and his mouth quivers and his teeth chatter, and his tongue curls up and quivers too... has anyone else seen this before? It's so weird!! Why does he do that? lol

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL ok, glad to know he's not the only one... he only does it when he gets a new toy or when he plays with something rubbery... I freaked out when he did it the first time, it's so disturbing! lol. :roll:

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
thats hilarious , he is so cute i love him.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Loki does this. He goes absolutely insane over his chew toys, new or old.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, ok, I feel a little better now to know that I'm not alone in this issue... The first time it happened I thought he was having a seizure or something and I had a mild freak-out, but then when he did it a couple other times I just figured it was excitement. It's like he just can't control it, and his mouth and tongue quiver (he almost sticks his tongue out) and sometimes it makes his teeth chatter. It's a pretty strange thing to see, but my boy is such a goofball anyways that I guess it just adds more goofiness to his personality. lol

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
hahaha thats so cute!! its like he is thinking he already has it in his mouth and can't resist! lol

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
It's just over excitement is all. My old boy Debo did that over the water hose, lol. You'll also see it if a male smells a female in estrus, or if a female has a UTI and a male smells her urine. Just a reaction they have to excitement. It can be scary for someone who's never seen it before but you just get used to it after a while lol.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Its excitement, and I think there's a genetic factor as well. Terra does the pop-n-chatter thing for her dinner. Her mom does the exact same thing.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its excitement, and I think there's a genetic factor as well. Terra does the pop-n-chatter thing for her dinner. Her mom does the exact same thing.

YouTube - ‪Terra chattermouth‬‏
That is exactly what he does! He doesn't do it for his dinner though, he usually just shivers a little bit and drools like crazy... lol. The shivering has gotten a lot better though, he used to be insane and I couldn't do anything to calm him down, he would shake like a leaf! I believe it was because he wasn't fed enough/properly before I got him. It's taken over 2 years, but he's finally to the point where he will only shiver when I start getting his food ready. After that he calms down and just looks at me drooling, waiting for me to give him the OK to go ahead and eat. lol

hes an active one, how old is Bullet?
He's 2 1/2 years old now, he's always been very active! I like him that way though, never a dull moment!

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
On reason dogs chatter is for smell, you see it when they smell something and they chatter and drool a bit. It gets kind of technical and I do not think I can explain it but it is smell and taste related. It also happens our of excitement Siren and Barca do it all the time when they see a toy or food.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.