Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this morning i was asleep with my family, my dog duke who is 9 months and my girl loka who is 12 weeks were in the back yard like always, well my uncle who was visiting and i said WAS visiting from houston with his four chihuahuas decided to let all of his dogs loose in the front yard, i dont know how or who let his dogs inside the backyard with my dogs, well knowing his dogs, which actually one bit my daughter last night, started to bark and bite my duke, one thing led to another my dog enden up fighting with all four, when i heard all the noise i got up and went to see what was going on and found my uncle holding my dog and beating him up, i told him that he shouldnt have been there with all his dogs in the first place, my uncle decided to go back how and gave us a lame excuse, WHO CARES, now my mom and my relatives are annoying me saying my dog is to blame cuz he is a pitbull, and that i NEED to get rid of them since i have kids, i know that owning a pitbull you get used to the bad stares and comments of ignorant ppl, but man saying my dogs are bad for my kids really gets to me, well thank you for your time just wanted to vent..

·
Registered
859 Posts
If they say u need to get rid of your dog just because he's a "pit bull" why would he have let his chi's in the backyard with your dogs?? lol wow...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know, and i know my pit must have gotten beat up by my uncle but he didnt want to tell me he did im just happy they are gone, im not going to loose sleep over their dogs

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Thats stupid- I woulda knocked him out lol. I would also tell them that his dogs shouldn't have been the in back yard- If they don't like you having a pit , no one forces them to come over. I have a few that are scared and won't come over my home. The rest that were scared and chose to come over got a long talk from me. Needless to say, they left feeling differently. Education and awareness is the key factor.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
your dogs shouldnt have been out together unsupervised while you were asleep , luckly one is only 12 weeks but the one at 9 months is getting to the age DA can come out {not always but can} getting in the habit NOW of not letting them alone together without supervision can help you avoid this in the future. { it may be between your own dogs later on}.
Now onto the chi's you should have set the rules in place when your uncle showed up with his dogs. Not everyone who owns dogs knows about DA and knows about the proper facts of this breed we all love , its your job as a owner to educate people around you so that our dogs arent put in this situation because as you are finding out the pitull will always get the blame. If his dog had bit my kid he would have been shown the door I think if your family wants to tell people which dogs NEED to go they are looking at the wrong dog , I would rather have a DA dog over any HA dog who has bit someone.
I get how frustrating people can be and being in this situation is not fun , your dog is not to blame the people involved are. Hopefully a lesson has been learned today and it prevents a bigger one in the future :). Nothing to do but dust it off and move forward.

Reactions: dixieland

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
Honestly, I'd have a HUGE problem if anyone put a hand on any of my dogs. Anti APBT people are also not allowed at my house or near my dogs period, family or not. I have zero tolerance for people like that...

I'm glad your dogs are OK!

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
dont get me started on chihuahuas... i bought on for my daughter not too long ago and was only able to keep it for about a week cause it kept attacking my 3 year old.... he shouldve thought about that before he turned his dogs loose in the yard... i probly wouldve beat the crap outta him if i wouldve say him hitting one of my dogs!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my dogs have never been DA but like you said he is getting into that age, ive never had an issue with them, since my dog was three months my uncle first saw himsaid thats a BAD DOG but his are four annoying little angels?? well like angelbaby said time to move forward

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and the thing is that he is one of the most closed minden ppl i have ever seen aagghh!!!! and i get left with a feeling of fustration

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
and the thing is that he is one of the most closed minden ppl i have ever seen aagghh!!!! and i get left with a feeling of fustration
you're just gonna have to get used to people bad mouthing your dogs.... it comes with owning an APBT ;)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
maybe its time to set rules about who can come over lol . i wouldnt allow a person like that around my dogs. { I do have family who are scared of my dogs and Iwill crate them if i need to , mostly my big male. But if its someone who just wants to bash my dogs and say false crap they just arent allowed over and will be shown the door}
I wasnt implying your dog was DA just for the record :) just saying it can start to show soon with your older boy if infact he does become. other times its just issues between certain dogs like my males i had here , grew up together got along fine till about 11 months or so and it was on , they were each fine with other dogs male and female but not with eachother. just watch any encounters they have from now on and be within reach if something goes down :) Im not a big fan of small dogs im sure the chi instigated it but it goes to show the other dog may start it but ours will end it :S and then it just looks bad on us and our dogs :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i do the same thing everytime his dogs were outside i was always taking care of my dogs just to make sure but i dont know why he did what he did, and its true other dogs start it but always its our dogs who get the boot, and im used to the comments and bad stares when i walk my dogs but today i just couldnt take it, and i know you were giving me your honest advice angelbaby and i really appreciate the advice thank you guys

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
That is so horrible! I feel for you! No good and all it does is make you angrier you have to defend your dog and your actions when it was not your fault at all. That is crazy and I hope your dog and baby are all OK. I hope no one got hurt too bad, and your uncle should be beat and see how he likes it for letting the whole thing happen to being with! How dare he lay a hand on your dog!! I hope you day gets better!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thank you ames, and you know what im not going to allow this accident get to me or my family, my wife and kids love my dogs, and the dogs are also part of MY family it does hurt when things like this happen, such loving and amazing dogs and to get such a bad reputation it sux

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
I would have punted the chi that bit my dog

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Your uncle beat up your dog? I'd have a little problem with that, how much do you like you uncle? Not saying you should get into a smack down with him, but that's not cool...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i wanted to kick those dogs all the way to the street but then i would be lowering myself like my uncle, and i had to fight the urge on telling him off

·
Registered
111 Posts
honestly cluck your family and i mean that wit no disrespect he came to ur house knowing u had a pit and had the nerve to bring chi chis which have the biggest da ever until they get bit and then he put his hands on ur dog family or not he'd be pickin his teeth up off the ground dats just me

·
Registered
16 Posts
My biggest issue with all this is that his dog bit your kid. I don't care what kind of dog it was. If the bite was unprevoked, that dog would be gone.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts