Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm over due for my shot (lidocaine\steriod) by about 3 months... Got caught up with work and the fixer abode and just kinda blew off the treatments and pushed through the pain.

I can only get 1 shot every 3 months and don't know if I want it in the knee or hip today. Both are buggin hard, but that might just be the wacky weather... 85 yesterday, 70 and raining today...

I'm leaning towards knee because it has been 4 solid months of constant where the hip is come and go day to day. Only thing is if this is the beginning of a major hip flare up, it won't matter if I get the knee done, I'll be on the cane for a week or four...

So fun being broken... lol

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Aw man at least you have both legs, things could always be worse. I'd continue with your shots until you can plan some time off work, apply for Short term disability if you need to and plan to have both surgeries done at the same time if possible. I mean if you're in constant pain, go ahead and start planning for the procedure. It'll have to happen sooner or later. That's what i'd do if it were me. good luck hope your appt goes well :)

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I finally cave and go the replacement route, they won't do both at once. One needs to heal before the other since rehab is focused to the one area. They really can't rehab ya if you do a knee and a hip on the same side at once.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the knee stuck after some poking and prodding. Feels much better! Maybe on Camo's walk tonight I won't be limpin'

1 - 6 of 6 Posts