Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
IMO most responsible breeders won't advertise on craigslist and even more so it is my opinion that if your dogs are " good enough" (for lack of a better word) then a breeder won't have to advertise at all...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IMO most responsible breeders won't advertise on craigslist and even more so it is my opinion that if your dogs are " good enough" (for lack of a better word) then a breeder won't have to advertise at all...
X222 besides craigslist does not allow breedings, only rescues are allowed

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
X222 besides craigslist does not allow breedings, only rescues are allowed
Actually no only rehoming is allowed. This kind of thought is what ruins craigslist. It IS NOT a rescue site it is a site for any animal in need of a home with a reasonable adoption fee. I see purebred dogs get flagged left and right just for being produced by a breeder and that is not the way the site is subposted to work. No it is not for selling your litter of puppies, but it is not a rescue site either.
No sales of
Household pets of any kind including but not limited to dogs, cats, primates, cage birds, rodents, reptiles, amphibians, fish. Re-homing with small adoption fee OK

No where does it say the site is for rescues.

So what do you guys think is going to happen to all these puppies of ads you flag? Do you think they will have a better chance of actually finding a good home? Flagging an ad asking $250 is one thing but $60??

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
It's a double edge sword.

You don't want BYB but what do you want to happen with all those pups? if the BYB doesn't sell them they will go to shelters or the street most likely. I bought from a BYB and I am sure Sasha ended up with a better home than most of the other interested parties...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So what do you guys think is going to happen to all these puppies of ads you flag? Do you think they will have a better chance of actually finding a good home? Flagging an ad asking $250 is one thing but $60??
understand your point i took that 1 out even though hes obviously a byb (no shots or papers)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Actually no only rehoming is allowed. This kind of thought is what ruins craigslist. It IS NOT a rescue site it is a site for any animal in need of a home with a reasonable adoption fee. I see purebred dogs get flagged left and right just for being produced by a breeder and that is not the way the site is subposted to work. No it is not for selling your litter of puppies, but it is not a rescue site either.
No sales of
Household pets of any kind including but not limited to dogs, cats, primates, cage birds, rodents, reptiles, amphibians, fish. Re-homing with small adoption fee OK

No where does it say the site is for rescues.

:goodpost: exactly what I was thinking...

·
Registered
711 Posts
That first one seems pretty irresponsible. IMO
trading your dog for something of equal value???
I just don't understand what is as valuable or more valuable than a companion.
And would you really just want to trade it for something. Seems pretty odd

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I saw someone on my craigslist wanted money or trade the dog for a wii fit. I was all take the dog for a walk and get fit.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
There's a chick near my house on CL who is "rehoming" pitbull pups...for $350 each.

it's sad the pictures of the parents on the listing is horrid. Male dog is chained to a tipped over dog house, and I don't see any food or water.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
That first one seems pretty irresponsible. IMO
trading your dog for something of equal value???
I just don't understand what is as valuable or more valuable than a companion.
And would you really just want to trade it for something. Seems pretty odd
Sounds like some crack heads to me. They want a peanut butter and crack sandwich lmao.

:rofl::rofl:
That reminds me of Trevor's avatar :woof:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
damnn how many flags does it have to get to be removed?????
i thought they would be gone by now

·
Registered
711 Posts
Sounds like some crack heads to me. They want a peanut butter and crack sandwich lmao.

:rofl::rofl:
That reminds me of Trevor's avatar :woof:
lol if it works for them I guess. what a d bag.

·
Registered
962 Posts
while i totally agree with you for wanting to flag known BYBs, but please be carefull of the slippery slope you walk.
when someone is asking for a rehoming fee and the dog has no shots or even a vet check...yaaaa be leary especially if they are trying to get rid of a litter. and be even more suspicious when they are selling "purebred" dogs for a couple hundred dollars but have, again, no vet checks or puppy shots on the dogs. another great one is when they say they "can" get papers for you if you pay more.

quick note on craigslist, while many people talk about the horrors, i want you all to know that it does do some good by dogs and even cats.
I volunteer at our local shelter and one of the things we do out there is check craigslist daily for any listed lost or founds and then we check it against what we have in our kennels and/or books. they have also helped people realize that even though a dog goes to the shelter that doesn't mean it will be euthanized. just an FYI.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts