Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking up about when Pit Bull puppies eyes change colour, coming across a site called "Pit Bull Facts" :

What breed should I mix my pit bull with to get cute puppies? | PitBull Facts

Anyway, I came across a question I wanted to share.

What breed should I mix my pit bull with to get cute puppies?
Pit Bull

CarolHurricane L asked:

she is a beatiful 4 year old brindle pit bull with a good attitude and she wants to have puppies. what breed would be best to have her have *** wiwth and how much should i sell the puppies for?
excuse me i am not an idiot i know a lot about dogs. i work at petsmart.

... It made me speechless, then only 3 words came to mind, "wow" "moron" & "BYB" ... How many people like Carol are really out there?! How many dogs & puppies are in Animal Shelters because of BYB?! ...

:(

Reactions: redog

·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
So I was looking up about when Pit Bull puppies eyes change colour, coming across a site called "Pit Bull Facts" :

What breed should I mix my pit bull with to get cute puppies? | PitBull Facts

Anyway, I came across a question I wanted to share.

What breed should I mix my pit bull with to get cute puppies?
Pit Bull

CarolHurricane L asked:

she is a beatiful 4 year old brindle pit bull with a good attitude and she wants to have puppies. what breed would be best to have her have *** wiwth and how much should i sell the puppies for?
excuse me i am not an idiot i know a lot about dogs. i work at petsmart.

... It made me speechless, then only 3 words came to mind, "wow" "moron" & "BYB" ... How many people like Carol are really out there?! How many dogs & puppies are in Animal Shelters because of BYB?! ...

:(
A :poop:load...... sadly. I highly doubt you will find any dogs from responsible breeders in shelters so 100% of the dogs in shelters are from morons like Carol.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Unfortunately in situations such as this there are no laws or restrictions on breeding and in cases like this I wish there were. People who own this breed around my area and alot of other cities think that everything on four legs needs to reproduce. Most in urban and low income areas its all about the $$$$ especially pit bulls and bully breeds. Some kind of breeding restrictions as well as spay and neuter requirements need to be placed upon owners but I don't ever see that happening in my lifetime if ever. To no avail there will always be a "pit bull" problem and countless BYB's contributing to the OVER population problem. Very sad.

Reactions: dixieland

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
That is so lame. Yes sadly a lot of dumb people are out there. Some even dumber :(

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's so sad to see & hear how many stupid people there are out there just breeding... I've never really looked into it until my first pups when I lived on my own, they were brothers, Chow x Husky . You guys really don't have rules & regulations in the US when it comes to breeding?! In AB we have a lot. Fines can reach up to $5,000 easily + being banned for breeding

·
Registered
231 Posts
hahah wow my favorite part is "i am not an idiot i know a lot about dogs. i work at petsmart" haha like that really matters? this girl acts like working at pets mart is like the equivalent of having some sort of degree. im pretty much speechless at how ignorant that lady is, i really hope everyone laid into on that site and she changed her mind.. It bums me out when people just mixs dogs like that. i wonder how many of those pups are going to end up in shleters :mad:

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
its alright pinky got it handled

Pinky
Feb 5 2011
please tell me this is a joke. Even if your dog is bred (or as you say "Has *** with") a different breed, your dog's puppies will be MUTTS! So their value will be $0. All of these dumb people spending all of their money on these "hybrid" breeds is ridiculous. My husband wanted a pit bull, I wanted an American Bulldog, we went and paid $160 for one from the pound (instead of the $800 it could have been from a backyard breeder). Have your dog spayed, don't be dumb.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes she was scolded pretty hard for it. Saying that working at Petsmart means nothing & has nothing to do with breeding.

"She does not WANT to have puppies. Do not create poorly bred MUTTS that will end up in shelters just so you could make some quick cash. Get your dog SPAYED, we don't need more idiots breeding their dogs.

EDIT:: I work at petsmart and most of the people i work with are COMPLETE idiots when it comes to dogs and you are no different than the people i work with"

"Wow, you work at PetsMart? That really makes you a qualified breeder! You are an idiot. Only an idiot breeds mongrels, mutts. Thanks for wanting to add to the already millions of dogs who are euthanized each year because of moronic backyard breeders like yourself.

I'm sure that your dog has her breed championship?
Has she had all of her health and genetic testing done?
Working at PetsMart, I'm sure that you can afford an emergency c-section should your dog having whelping complications?

Your puppies will be worth NOTHING. All you will be accomplishing is more dogs in shelters being killed.

Why not ask your breeding mentor these questions? You do have one, don't you?"

& yes, Pinky said it well. Purebreds will always have more self value to them & everyone should have their dog spayed/neutered. Better safe than sorry.

·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
I just got lost following links from one stupid question to another on that website. I wouldn't trust information from a site that can't even spell "pit bull" correctly (with no space). I think I lost a few brain cells reading both the questions and responses.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oops. About the virus, I hope no one got it, sorry.

Yes reading some of those things was just like "wow" you really don't know anything. The article I was originally looking at about the eyes, the response answer "now lets get talking about neutering your dog" ... the dog is only 8 WEEKS ! ... *shakes head*

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
You would not BELIEVE the idiots I meet around here! People like that girl!! :(
I had a neighbor who got 2 (poorly bred) Pittie pups from a co-worker and was talking about breeding them together!
******* Village Idiot+ brother/sister Pitties= OMG!
Luckily after much discussion and several session of googling, he finally believed me that it was a bad, bad, bad idea.
It just boosts my opinion that people should have to take some kind of IQ testing before they are allowed to get a dog.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
haha I love the petsmart comment. I had one the other day convincing me Gargamel is a large breed and I should feed him large breed kibbles... Freaks! Sucks cause you know someone is gonna buy them from him...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts