Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my goodness, Bogart is part BAT! his beautiful flop turned into bat ear!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
sorry buddy...can't do conformation with you now with one perk and one flopped ear. xD
I am sure he will do good in weightpulling since they wont judge my bat dog right?

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
I luv some bat ears!!!! I bet he looks great with them :D

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
you can still show him! I know Wolf Moon Kennels just Championed a bitch who has 2 bat ears! (Very cute. lol) As long as the rest of him is beautiful, ears don't count for much.. depending on the judge, of course. :)

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am thinking with his wonky ear he may take longer to title vs other dogs and maynot even place at all which it doesn't bother me because he is going to be ONE heck of a wp dog.

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here is Bogart (his fur needs to be hand groomed to remove the shed on him and a bath but I haven't been home..I am in Idaho)

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MY UGLY BAT EAR BOY! MAN I MISS HIM AND RILEY TOO!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
776 Posts
you can still show him! I know Wolf Moon Kennels just Championed a bitch who has 2 bat ears! (Very cute. lol) As long as the rest of him is beautiful, ears don't count for much.. depending on the judge, of course. :)
yup! may take a lil longer but nice to have that title. plus , i know brock loved his time showing!

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
oh, and if you wanted, you could always tape or glue the ear to get it to lay right. It may or may not work. :) Or.. you could leave it as is! :D

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well, If it seems soft and still workable I will glue it and try to reverse the issue when I get home. if not I have to figure something else out...his ear has done this before. back in jan then it roe perked and stayed that way up until before I left for vacation. I called it his devil horn and what it does is it will flop then when he perks up and it will lay over his head.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Question are you just sayin bat ears because on is forward and not just standing up I'm askin because all 3 of my dogs have there ears I've been thinking about trying to show them just to see how they place but I'm trying to figure out how big of a deal the ears are?

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
his ear stands up like a bat ear but then it flops over..that ear doesn't know what it wants to do so I am hoping to assess the issue and see if I can reveres whatever is going on with it. If it cannot be fussed with We will take our chances..a good dog is a good dog reguardless of ear set as everyone has stated before.
the only way you will know how your dogs will place is to take them to a few shows and get them out there to where the judges can see them. ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
My girl has a bad case of bat ear lol. How old is he? Amber's left ear started standing at around 6 months and both were straight up at 8 months. And how old is too old to tape or glue? Is it around the same age as cropping? Now that my girl has them I wouldn't change them for nothing. They have become a great conversation piece when we go on walks and the women love them lol

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
My girl has a bad case of bat ear lol. How old is he? Amber's left ear started standing at around 6 months and both were straight up at 8 months. And how old is too old to tape or glue? Is it around the same age as cropping? Now that my girl has them I wouldn't change them for nothing. They have become a great conversation piece when we go on walks and the women love them lol

lol! She is adorable! :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.