Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed like 3 or 4 fleas on Deebo, and he has alot of red spots on his skin under his belly.

I give him Sentinel every month, and I know that only kills adult fleas not the eggs. But should it work right away or does it take a few days?? I'm pretty sure this happened yesterday as I just saw it and I took him to a new spot to do peepee yesterday.stupid meee!

I'm freaking out right now, i try so hard to not let this happen :( and now its making me feel itchyy just thinking about it.

HELP!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Well Fleas are not the end of the world lol. Do you give him flea bathes or treat your house? Such a small issue of fleas shouldn't be much to deal with. Spray the carpets and yard and they will die off if he is protected with treatment as well.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Fleas were really bad this year. I had to give Bruno both Frontline,and advantage!
Even then he STILL got fleas!
Here is CA fleas are bad anyhow but this year was crazy.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Fleas are not the end of the world lol. Do you give him flea bathes or treat your house? Such a small issue of fleas shouldn't be much to deal with. Spray the carpets and yard and they will die off if he is protected with treatment as well.
lol i know im overreacting, i just hate little bugs that are hard to get rid of, its one of my fears...lice, bed bugs, FLEAs! LOL

Im gonna spray everything...and thanks Sadie, ill try the capstar and advantage.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Lol I feel ya. We got fleas this year and they where impossible to get rid of. We moved to a new house last winter so this summer we got our first taste of fleas from this yard. I think its mainly due to such an abundance of stray dogs that all come right to my yard, plus we brought in 2 adult dogs that had fleas, and then brought back fleas from a dog show in a park lmao. We could only use certain things on the carpet as I have a 1 year old but we finally got the last of them a couple weeks ago I think. Once they move in they are a deal to get out especially when you have 8 dogs.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
COMFORTIS!!! this the best thing on the market IMO, we use it for ALL fleas allergic dogs at the vet. it does not do ticks but kills the fleas immediatly, my lucy is highly allergic to fleas and has no problem as long as she takes it. It is a once a month pill that you give and they can be bathed as much as needed and still not one flea!

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use advantix, it kill flea, ticks, eggs, larvae & mosquitos-kinda expensive but works best I think

living in a bug infested climate like florida I find it works best. Fleas in the winter?? Thas odd - I hate that creepy crawly feeling.
It makes me itchy just thinking about it :(

and poor baby deebo is sooo red i dont know if he's allergic to fleas (he has lots of red spots) or if its just because he's scratching (im not home during the day to see how much he may scratch).

lol so many options!! I'm going to go to Petco after work. I'm definitley getting the Capstar and whichever other topical one fits into my bugdet lol. I work in a pharmacy so Im going to take home some Rid household spray for the rugs.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Its not the fleas you worry about but the eggs. I was seeing a few the last few days and my vet said they will bite Mel and die, its just the ones not treated who produce eggs that cause trouble. Give him the frontline and use a comb and check around to see little tiny dirt specks. Those are eggs not dirt.

·
Registered
154 Posts
when Sugar came she brought tons fleas, no idea where she had been but she was on the street for at least 4 days..anyway, we treated our back yard and started her on advantage, i haven't seen a living flea on her since. good luck, hate those suckers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts