Go Pitbull Forums banner

Oh the irony!!

Tags
irony
2K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  Gimbler 
#1 ·
Martha stewart who at one time stated pit bull type dogs were vicious and she would never own one got a gashed lip from her French bulldog who she startled while he was sleeping.... Muahahahahaha. Ok done with the evil!!

#3 ·
Oh she already is!!! It was heh fault she startled him and he felt bad after since he cowered in his bed... Lol whateva!!! If it was a pitbull type you know where this wouldve gone

#6 ·
haha ya i think that's what most people said, hummm chow chow second top bite dog after GSD but ohhh pits are vicious...

#7 ·
I was attacked by a chow when I was 7 and I hate those dogs, they all look evil to me. The only thing that saved me was my little queensland, she used to wait for me at the bus stop and walk home with me. I got a few teeth cuts on my arms but it would have been much worse if not for me having a dog by my side. Chow's are the devil!!!!!!!!

#8 ·
I love the chows not as much as pits but I do like them.I know its a fact but I think its how you raise them .my girlfriend has three chows and one just moved in with me and he is far from vicious he is a fat furry sissy but I love him .my pit watches his back because she knows he is a sissy too .but even the other 2 chows are really nice.

#16 ·
you wouldn't catch me near that breed. I have a HUGE tooth scar in my left lower back where my rib cage is from one. I refuse to go into a house with a chow let alone would I EVER own one of those vicious things... t is shocking Martha snuggles those dogs and spats about the 'pitbull' the way she does..imo..she deserved to get bit by her french bulldog

#19 ·
I had a chow years ago who was an absolute sweetheart. Among the gentlest dogs I've ever owned. I've heard a lot of stories about the breed - vicious, stand-offish, one person dogs, etc. Maybe that's the case but it wasn't my personal experience and I'm sure she wasn't a one of a kind.

The meanest dog I ever had was a chihuahua - the next to meanest is my current coonhound. I never had any type of DA or HA problems with my chow, shephard huskie mix, ridgeback or pitbull despite their breed reputations. Go figure.

#20 ·
There were 2 chows that lived next to me,when I was growing up,they were always out wandering about.

The small one,from what I was told was a vicious man biter,but the big one was a gentle giant.

I always pet both,and never had any issues. The little one was timid at first,but eventually realistic I wasn't a threat.

They didn;t like other dogs though,and I think they killed one of our cats once too.

#21 ·
My chow, Ripley, never chased or hurt anything except a couple of baby bunnies and even that was an accident. She found them in a nest and pulled them out and put them on the patio with her toys. They weren't chewed or anything. I don't know if they died of exposure or shock or mauling or whatever - just that they were dead with no visible injuries.

It's a good thing that she was nice, too cause she was the best escape artist ever! Six foot privacy fence - did she jump? No. Did she dig? No. She knew how to open three different types of gate and door latches. The local dog catcher lived on the opposite corner three houses down from us and his yard was her favorite escape destination. I looked out my bathroom window once and saw my own dog, who had just opened the storm door for herself, down at his house jumping in front of his bay window trying to get his attention. Grrrrrr..... I miss that wicked little girl!

Back on topic - does anybody know when Martha Stewart said that about pit bulls? For some reason I had the idea that she supported the breed.

#22 ·
I think it was like 10 years ago and yes since her prison stay she has turned a bit... Maybe some of our fellow owner gangsters set her straight on the breed? Or she just realized it was stupid one or the other... @jk I care what celebrities say about our breed because most of the general population follows the beliefs of some celebrities and that's not a belief that I want followed... Like I said it was long ago that she claimed this and has changed her tune a bit since but still you cannot take back words especially printed words...

#23 ·
Oh and my husband had a chow when we met and after she bit me the third time she went bye bye and that's only cause he saved her butt the first two times... My brother was attacked by a chow when he was young too... I think they are beautiful but wouldn't own one not to mention who wants to take care of that hair... No thanks my shih tzu is easier!!

#25 · (Edited)
Actually my chow was easier to groom and clean up after than my short haired Ridgeback. My gawd he was a shedder! He's been gone over a year and I miss him dearly but I probably still have bits of his fur embedded in things all over the house. Like teeny tiny pine needles.

Edited to add: Actually that's kind of a coincidence cause I had my chow when I met my husband. The first time he came to my house she ran up to greet him at his car like he was a long lost friend. He got out of the car and PICKED HER UP! LOL It's a terrible habit he has - picking up large, grown dogs like they're babies. Lucky for him she was fine with that and kissed his cheek.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.