Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i am willing to admit when i have been stupid and here it is she growled at my son and bit him not playing this time i think i need to find her a home she has had her shots just two days ago is any one on the web interested in her i will ask just a hundred dollars just so i can pay the vet bill but i live in central ny and would be willing to drive her to some one close or half way i am 1hour from Syracuse and 1:30 minutes from albany i am smack dab in the middle. once again i feel like a jackass but you are right and i dont want the dog biting anyone and i now think i am over my head . she does have some of the basic obedience down i worked with her alot she will sit lie down give paw . like isaid i feel stupid but would rather give her to someone and maybe in the future when my children our older we can have one but as of right now i dont think it is a good idea .

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont care realy about the money that doesnt bother me i just want to find someone that can be good to her she is a pup but i never had a problem with my dog biting at any of my children no matter what they did all my son did was lay his head on her

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I agree with Judy take the pup to an animal shelter. Someone could still work with her as she is only 3mo. I think that you were so worried something would go wrong that you were to harsh on her when she was just playing. So now she wants nothing to do with the children because they are the source of all her corrections.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
I heard on one of the forums that someone "swapped" their pup at a shelter for an older dog, not saying this is what you should do, but the other dog ended up being a better fit for their family.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
i hate this i wanted so bad to prove these dogs were great pets and all i have done is donated to the place i most not wanted to i feel like crap i also feel bad for wasting your time and giving you a hard time when you were right all along this breed is not for eveyone and at this time in my faimly life it is not the right time for a pitbull pup either maybe some day but not nowif the children were older i would just have them work harder with me but they are young and this is to much resposibility for them and me at this time

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Please do not feel bad. You are trying and that's what counts. It may not be the right time, or the right dog. It does sound like that dog needs to be evaluated by someone immediately, something could be wrong with the dog that no alpha roll or NILF could "right". Or the dog needs to be with a family without kids. We cannot tell as we do not know the dog, but a professional will.

·
Windbag Extrodinaire.
3,303 Posts
Don't feel stupid man!! Not realizing you are out of your element would be stupid!! Just make sure you can live with your decisions from here on out...
If you wholehartedly feel that you can make it better than and you're willing to go the "Mile" than seek out some professional assistance. If you go that route than MAKE SURE they are experienced with this breed, one who is not would not bother..

·
RateMyPitbull.com Moderator
4,389 Posts
I'm sorry all of this has been happening. Maybe if you were @ a different place in your life you could make this work, but a puppy and a new born and a 3 year old is probably too much for anyone to handle. I still think this pup is saveable.

Will you ever be able to trust her again?

If you were able to send her to a professional to be trained, and the professional worked with her and worked with you and told you this dog would be ok with your family as long as you were consistent, would you trust her?

If you can't send her to a pro or you will never be able to trust her again, then take her to a no kill shelter that does temperment evaluations. I just think this dog is too young to be properly evaluated. She's still a puppy.

I wish you the best in whatever you do. You have to put your family first and no one can blame you for that.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
I honestly have yet to see a HA APBT pup. Doesn't mean that it doesn't happen thanks to BYBs.

However, what I usually see is people totally overwhelmed and overmatched by pups they weren't prepared for.

It may or may not be the case with your pup. None of us can tell you from just what you've posted and not actually seeing the pup and the situation.

Call the nearest APBT rescue and have the pup temperament tested. If this pup is truly HA it will need to be put down and not rehomed.
If it is a training issue then the rescue can help you rehome the pup or make suggestions if you change your mind on keeping.

http://www.pbrc.net/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts