Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I know I haven't posted in a while, and I know my last post wasn't to friendly but with the past put aside I have a serious question.
Well sorta, I mean I know the answer, but here it is anyways, how can I go about telling a friend he's breeding way to often? I mean he's breeding the same bitch almost every heat, their doing it for the money which is obvious, because the pups aren't registered, nor do they come with health certs or any shot records at that. I don't wanna come off as a jerk to him, but he needs to see what he's doing is wrong, any help?

·
Registered
182 Posts
In my experience all you can do is try to give him the reasons for why it is not only unethical but could be very unhealthy for his dog to breed that often, but most people that do it don't care what you have to say. All they see is $$$

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
sit him down be give him a beer (no one doesnt like free alcohol) and be like you know your my homie/bro/bffl(ect.) and its because of this why i have to be blunt with you. your over breeding your bitch and its doing alot of damage to her body. continue on with what ever you wanna say.

if you wanna try to do it with a group of your friends do it like an intervention. if he loses a bunch of friends he loses referrals for pups im sure not nessacarily you but some of your friends plug him when they talk to people about dogs. if not ask him how much he wants for his bitch and see if any one wants her he'll slow down for a bit but cant garuntee he'll stop.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Good post Stoner. I have a similar problem with a friend who knows the "rules" but chooses not to follow them.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've tried being nice about it and pointing it out, but he doesn't seem to want to listen. Not the person you're thinking about Red. :eek:
They just seem to be hell-bent on finding the "right combination" for a dog.. Pretty poor excuse., IMO.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Get someone that he does not know, and tell that person to ask your friend what dogs he has.

Once the person finds out, he should start to rant about "this guy" that he knows that breeds the hell out his dog and how he finds it wrong and how it affects the breed and so on.

Chances are your friend might just keep quite and not mention he is doing the same thing and maybe take a few notes as well. Then again all hell can break loose

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
like i said earlier see if he'll sell his bitch. if he is willing to find some one YOU trust that might be interested or if you yourself are interested. right combination im with you thats a load. intervention it man if hes not willing to do right for his dog do you think he'll do right for you if you need him to? and is this some one you really want to be around? idk if you breed or do anything with your dogs but being associated with people like this could potentially compromise your integrity in the eyes of others.

aside from sitting him down and talking to him theres not much else you can do besides buying his dog offa him.

blue i dont really think that'd work if your breeding for profit buyers are never few and far between especially those that dont know much about dogs. they just see a dog and want it. so they dont care what their customer thinks cuz theres always another chump dumber than the last just around the corner

theres one way to perminately stop him from breeding her but its by no means ethical, but then again neither is breeding a bitch every heat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts