Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So within the past week or so, we've had a rabid attack of mosquitoes here and it's been nothing short of ridiculous! I've never been chewed up so much! I'm not talking the big ones. These are the smaller, tougher to see ones but they're just as annoying. So I need to get Lina some kind of mosquito repellant. Does anyone have any suggestions/experiences with this?

Secondly and somewhat related, I need to get her new heartworm meds. I was giving her the liver flavored Iverhart pills as she really likes the liver flavor, but she's figured those out and won't eat them anymore. The flavored, chewable tabs are preferred, but I'll do whatever will work the best. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
we get bad mosquitos here living next to a small lake they are crazy bad here in the summer. I use skin so soft and love it no deet which is something I refuse to put on my kids or animals and it smells sooo nice and leaves there coat soft. can be used onpeople and animals I just mix half and half with water and SSS , so people mix a bit of dishsoap in there as well but I havent tried that way yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Cut & paste:Message

How to Kill Mosquitoes - NOT A JOKE

You may be aware of this, but I thought it was worth looking at again “How to Kill Mosquitoes - NOT A JOKE “
I can't wait to try this in the summer!
"LISTERENE"
I was at a deck party awhile back, and the bugs were having a ball biting everyone. A man at the party sprayed the lawn and deck floor with Listerine, and the little demons disappeared. The next year I filled a 4-ounce spray bottle and used it around my seat whenever I saw mosquitoes. And voila! That worked as well. It worked at a picnic where we sprayed the area around the food table, the children's swing area, and the standing water nearby. During the summer, I don't leave home without it....Pass it on.

OUR FRIEND'S COMMENTS: I tried this on my deck and around all of my doors. It works - in fact, it killed them instantly. I bought my bottle from Target and it cost me $1.89. It really doesn't take much, and it is a big bottle, too; so it is not as expensive to use as the can of Bug-spray you buy that doesn't last 30 minutes. So, try this, please. It will last a couple of days. Don't spray directly on a wood door (like your front door), but spray around the frame. Spray around the window frames, and even inside the dog house. EARTH FRIENDLY TOO!!!

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
wow thats kinda scary that something you put in your mouth kills those little buggers, lol.

I have also noticed that last 3 - 5 days they have been HORRIBLE and they should NOT be horrible anymore, jeesh. its been too cold for those little buggers! Who knows, could be that new kind of hybrid Japanese mosquito, but they suck none the less, no pun intended, lol.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Cut & paste:Message

How to Kill Mosquitoes - NOT A JOKE

You may be aware of this, but I thought it was worth looking at again "How to Kill Mosquitoes - NOT A JOKE "
I can't wait to try this in the summer!
"LISTERENE"
I was at a deck party awhile back, and the bugs were having a ball biting everyone. A man at the party sprayed the lawn and deck floor with Listerine, and the little demons disappeared. The next year I filled a 4-ounce spray bottle and used it around my seat whenever I saw mosquitoes. And voila! That worked as well. It worked at a picnic where we sprayed the area around the food table, the children's swing area, and the standing water nearby. During the summer, I don't leave home without it....Pass it on.

OUR FRIEND'S COMMENTS: I tried this on my deck and around all of my doors. It works - in fact, it killed them instantly. I bought my bottle from Target and it cost me $1.89. It really doesn't take much, and it is a big bottle, too; so it is not as expensive to use as the can of Bug-spray you buy that doesn't last 30 minutes. So, try this, please. It will last a couple of days. Don't spray directly on a wood door (like your front door), but spray around the frame. Spray around the window frames, and even inside the dog house. EARTH FRIENDLY TOO!!!
I heard about this as well but forgot about it and never got a chance to try it, thanks for posting this .. maybe i can remember this for next summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts