Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I think most of yu know that I have been trying to get weight off of Penny for about 4 months now, lol. I started her green bean diet about that time. Well today we weighed in and GUESS WHAT????!!!!!!

She weighed in at 75.5lbs. I did a total HAPPY dance. This is the least she has weighed since she was about 8 months old.

SO a little review, here she is at 9 months in Dec of '06 at about 70lbs -

Here she is in March of '09 right before her 3rd b-day, she was 96lbs -

Here we are in June of '09 at about 84lbs -

Here we are in July of '09 at 80lbs -

ANd these are from today in August of '09 at 75.5lbs - :D -

And here is a happy smiling Penny waiting for mom-lady to realase the springpole, I LOVE this pic, is my new fave of her, lol -

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PK - she is spayed so I know she will never be really trim, lol. Her mom was about 53lbs and Phoenix one a trim day is about 70 to 72lbs. So I would really like to get her to about 65 or so, if I can get her there I will be super super happy. :D The only thing I am having a hard time with is trying to figure out how to get the weight off frm around her chest, lol??

But I thik she looks freakin fabulous, especially since she is soooo much more vibrant and happy :D

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol thanks redoggy, Penny sends licks :D

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,761 Posts
oh man Penny is looking sooo good! You should start noticing the weight in her chest going away in the next 5-10 pounds. Did you see my before and after heffer pictures of Neela? lol.... once you start seeing that little hour glass figure it's not much longer before the whole body follows suite.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
How much food are you feeding per serving? Are you feeding 2x a day or once a day?
I just had Tasha lose about 7 lbs in a few weeks but doing the green bean and carrot diet. we still have some to lose so she is still working on the extra pounds, she looked like a water buffalo! lol that is what happens when you are retired and lazy!

What food are you feeding her?
If you really want to take the weight off and are having issues then buy a bag of Science diet W/D. It is worth the price tag because it is the least kilo calorie per cup food you can buy as far diet food goes. It really takes weight off and then you can find a good maintenance food afterwords. Most vets carry it, you can buy it over the counter with out seeing a vet, just call around.
http://www.sciencediet.com/hillspet/products/productDetails.hjsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524441782849

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh man Penny is looking sooo good! You should start noticing the weight in her chest going away in the next 5-10 pounds. Did you see my before and after heffer pictures of Neela? lol.... once you start seeing that little hour glass figure it's not much longer before the whole body follows suite.
Thank you so much IBC, Really I hope so, that is the only place she still needs some trimming at, lol. No I missed that thread, I know there are tons of things on here I still have yet to read, I'm sorry but I will go find it for sure :D But this is great news :D

How much food are you feeding per serving? Are you feeding 2x a day or once a day?
I just had Tasha lose about 7 lbs in a few weeks but doing the green bean and carrot diet. we still have some to lose so she is still working on the extra pounds, she looked like a water buffalo! lol that is what happens when you are retired and lazy!

Penny gets fed 2x a day, she gets 1/2 a cup of her special grain free Canidae (because of her epilepsy this is the only grain free I can find close to my house) and a 1/2 cup of thawed cut green beans.
What food are you feeding her?
If you really want to take the weight off and are having issues then buy a bag of Science diet W/D. It is worth the price tag because it is the least kilo calorie per cup food you can buy as far diet food goes. It really takes weight off and then you can find a good maintenance food afterwords. Most vets carry it, you can buy it over the counter with out seeing a vet, just call around.
http://www.sciencediet.com/hillspet/products/productDetails.hjsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524441782849
Thank you for the info, I am really happy with the way things are going now, I can't take the weight off her too fast as it can trigger a seizure so we do it a little at a time :D But we will keep it up and by x-mas I am thinking she will be where I want her :D

3,968 Posts
awh shes such a cutie! lover her coat!

·
Registered
383 Posts
look at her waist line!!! it gets better and better everytime you update us.

congrats to you AND penny, losing wieght, being happy and NO seizures!

i think 65lbs is a good goal, definatly reachable and i think she'd look great.

she looks so happy, keep it up!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
wow very niceee work keep it uppp

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh wow penny looks amazing!

really really amazing! good job! she is obv super happy bout the weight change!!
Thanks Megan and yeah I think she is happy about the weigh tlos too, lol. She is so much more active and I can tell she is happy and that makes me happy :D

awh shes such a cutie! lover her coat!
thank you HNTWG and she as soft as she looks, lol :D

OIC that is the one that has seizures? Your well on your way, she looks great!!
Yes penny is the one with seizures, lol. SO I have to keep her work out fairly low key, but I have gotten some good advice from you and a few other people that I am gonna try :D Thank you :D

0o0o0o shes lookin like a sessy mama now lol
lol sessy mammo, I can't call her my fat girl anymore, lol. But thank you :D

look at her waist line!!! it gets better and better everytime you update us.

congrats to you AND penny, losing wieght, being happy and NO seizures!

i think 65lbs is a good goal, definatly reachable and i think she'd look great.

she looks so happy, keep it up!
awww thanks luoozer, I am glad others can finally see her waistline too, lol. ANd yes I am way to happy about the seizure free part myself, if we hit 6 months I'm throwing a party, lol.

And I too think 65 would be a great weight for her, than kyou thank you :D

wow very niceee work keep it uppp
thanks Thaim, we both appreciate that :D

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol thanks man, I think she looks fabulous too :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts