Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i have 2 pits both 6 months old. Nala I have had since she was 6 weeks and Luna i got when she was 5 months. Nala is wonderful in a leash but now im stuggling to walk both of them at the same time!! Luna is verb FENCE aggressive. She would never hurt another dog but when there is a dog on the other side of the fence she goes psycho!! Any suggestions! Shes corrupting my good walker :) [email protected]

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Walk them separately until you teach Luna how to walk on a leash and ignore other dogs.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Until you can get Luna to ignore her surroundings and focus solely on you, you need to walk them separately. I would start working on the watch me game with Luna. You an do a search of the forum as we have discussed it many times but mainly you work on get Luna to focus on you start out with a treat holding it out off to your side when she looks at your face you treat and praise. I would start working on this in the house then move out side then once she is getting good at you start working it to your walks. You know she doesn’t do well with fences so when you see one coming up you start getting her focus on you. You can also teach her “leave it”. Both of these will make your walk less stressful. When she is doing better with this then you can work on walking the two together.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I agree Walk alone and teach her to pay attentionto you, my ashes is 7 months and knows to ignore other dogs on the leash and as of lately there has been lots of loose dogs running toward us and she looks at me like " wat now mom?" unfortunately she was jumped but a golden and just rolled over lol but the day before there was 3 small dogs loose and barking at us but neither of dogs came close to us ashes just walked by as if they didn't exist. The miracle of the "leave it command" It took her 3 walks to understand I was in charge, But it does differ with every dog and of course with age.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts