Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bella was diagnosed with some ugly allergies and broke out with bumps and red scaly welts all over her. Took her to the vet last Friday for a skin scrape to make sure it wasn't mange and I'm happy to say she was negative for mange but positive for allergies......She was put on antibiotics for 21 days and 75 mg of benadryl 3 times a day. After just one week of treatment her hair is growing back and she looks great! I also put her on a limited ingredient grain free diet by Natural balance. Here are some before and after shots just one week in :)

BEFORE

AFTER

And just a random cute one showing off her muscley shoulders lol! Her chest was all red welts to and they are gone :)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh wow the hair loss on her back was really noticeable! nice job getting her cleared up she looks much better!
Thanks Meg :) She was looking terrible just a week ago but thanks to Lisa aka Performanceknls and a little credit to the vet, along with lots of TLC she is looking like her name again......beautiful ;)

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
wow, poor girl in the before shots. She is looking so much better!!! Her fur looked kinda brindle if I didn't know it was a rash, lol. So glad she is getting back to old self :)

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Poor Bella :( Glad to hear she is feeling better though.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
wow, poor girl in the before shots. She is looking so much better!!! Her fur looked kinda brindle if I didn't know it was a rash, lol. So glad she is getting back to old self :)
LOL! I thought the same thing Amy!

Poor Bella :( Glad to hear she is feeling better though.
Thanks Krystal :) she hasn't acted any different through it all. Still a goofy playful girl lol!

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
She looks much better, I bet she is feeling better too. Glad you figured out what was wrong and that it wasn't mange :)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad she's looking and feeling better! Tho Kane says Bella looked good anyway. :thumbsup:
Lol! Thanks.....Bella loves your boy ;)
She looks much better, I bet she is feeling better too. Glad you figured out what was wrong and that it wasn't mange :)
She is feeling great! But as I said she never acted any different :) I'm more than glad its not mange!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
That had to suck. Glad she is doing better. Happy 4 you guys

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
im glad bella is all better :D i hate those stupid allergies.. pheonix has had issues this year too

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wow she looks great!! My pup has skin issues, like really bad dandruff. Did a skin scrapping and found nothing (ie mites, mange etc). She was put on the same thing as you dog, antibiotics(for any skin infections she might get or have from itching) and benadryl 3X/day but we have had no luck! Even got Epi-sooth conditioner and a new medicated shampoo and are in the process of changing her food!! My old AmStaff would get red from allergies but nothing like this!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow she looks great!! My pup has skin issues, like really bad dandruff. Did a skin scrapping and found nothing (ie mites, mange etc). She was put on the same thing as you dog, antibiotics(for any skin infections she might get or have from itching) and benadryl 3X/day but we have had no luck! Even got Epi-sooth conditioner and a new medicated shampoo and are in the process of changing her food!! My old AmStaff would get red from allergies but nothing like this!
I believe Bella's is more environmental and something I may have used on her at one point treating her for demo mange. Her mange is gone but I did change her food before I took her in for a skin scrape almost two weeks ago and the food which is NB LID grain free doesn't seem to be bothering her. I would definitely do a food change seeing as how your girl isnt responding to the meds. Natural Balance has the grain free limited ingredient diets such as chicken and sweet potato which is what Bella is eating right now. NB also has other protein sources you can try as well such as venison. I also add salmon oil to her food which is great for the skin and coat. When treating for allergies it is all trial and error until you see what can work for your dog :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I believe Bella's is more environmental and something I may have used on her at one point treating her for demo mange. Her mange is gone but I did change her food before I took her in for a skin scrape almost two weeks ago and the food which is NB LID grain free doesn't seem to be bothering her. I would definitely do a food change seeing as how your girl isnt responding to the meds. Natural Balance has the grain free limited ingredient diets such as chicken and sweet potato which is what Bella is eating right now. NB also has other protein sources you can try as well such as venison. I also add salmon oil to her food which is great for the skin and coat. When treating for allergies it is all trial and error until you see what can work for your dog :)
Yeah we switched to grain free and are almost done with the mixing of foods so she will be on straight grain free in a day or two. I have been looking up a lot of things to try and we are working on it. Being in MN, the dandruff will just get worse in the winter if I dont try and nip this in the butt now!! :hammer:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts