Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't a real big concern for me but I've noticed Loki has a lot smaller of a head than a lot of 1 yr old pit bulls on here.

He doesn't have any papers so I know he could be a mix but I was just wondering if certain bloodlines produce smaller head sizes? or if it will keep on growing until he's 2?

Hahah just a funny story on the side- the other day some guy told me his family had bred pit bulls for years, and he could tell Loki was full pit because of the base of his tail....something about how wide it was.... Haha idk cause after he said that I just stopped listening.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Every dog grows differently and go through different goofy looking stages, dont worry too much about making comparisons with others.

Some lines can be pretty uniform and some others may throw some realy different size heads aswell.
I wouldnt think about it too much!

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
:goodpost: all dogs are different :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hadn't really thought about it before but a lot of dogs have been turning 1 on here, and it seemed like they all had HUGE heads! hahah.

I don't care though I love my goofy boy, I'm embracing his awkward stages. :)

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I think most true APBT's have smaller heads then you do get some lines with bigger block heads. I know my litter of pups had smaller heads and it is genetic. Also as he matures his head my fill in. Kaos had a smaller head till he was 3 then he had a bobble head! lol No way to tell for sure and yeah that guy talking about the base of the tail...... does not know anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts