Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I love to take Jake out and about because he is the friendliest dog I have ever seen in my life (greatest quality in the breed I think). Seriously, he could be the worst guard dog on the face of the earth. The other week in the middle of the night, I let Jake out to go potty, porchlights are off because it's pretty late at night and I'm not expecting company. I hear a tapping on my screendoor that scares the crap out of me. I go to the door and see that it is my neighbor. Jake is sitting on the porch with her, wiggling his butt because he is so excited to see someone. He didn't even bark. Just sat there and wiggled, waiting for her to pet him or give him a treat.

But I digress. So I worked at this nursing home for a while, and I would bring Jake there to work on his people skills to make sure he was good with all kinds of people. Well, all of the patients LOVED him. He would lay in their beds and snuggle with them (an amazing feat, since this little **** is the wildman crazy dog at home). The staff where I worked loved him too, most of them at least. Everytime I went, there would be at least four people who would ask me things like, "He ain't mean is he?", or "He ain't gonna bite me is he?", or the classic, while they're holding him and he's loving on them with his little tail going a hundred miles an hour, they ask me what kind of dog he is. I tell them he's an AmStaff and they proceed to ask me what an AmStaff is. I proceed to tell them that it is an AKC showline breed of pitbull type dogs. They immediately hand him back to me, no longer smiling at my cute pup, and say "I don't like those dogs. They're mean. You better watch that he doesn't turn on you."

When I brought my German Shepherd in, no one asked me if she was mean, or if she was going to bite them (And she is the unstable one! Needless to say, as soon as I found out she was unstable around people, she stayed home). In conclusion, only with a pitbull, even a puppy, people will assume he is vicious. I still get annoyed with it, because my German Shepherd is the one who is more likely to rip your face off than Jake.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ok so I love to take Jake out and about because he is the friendliest dog I have ever seen in my life (greatest quality in the breed I think). Seriously, he could be the worst guard dog on the face of the earth. The other week in the middle of the night, I let Jake out to go potty, porchlights are off because it's pretty late at night and I'm not expecting company. I hear a tapping on my screendoor that scares the crap out of me. I go to the door and see that it is my neighbor. Jake is sitting on the porch with her, wiggling his butt because he is so excited to see someone. He didn't even bark. Just sat there and wiggled, waiting for her to pet him or give him a treat.

But I digress. So I worked at this nursing home for a while, and I would bring Jake there to work on his people skills to make sure he was good with all kinds of people. Well, all of the patients LOVED him. He would lay in their beds and snuggle with them (an amazing feat, since this little **** is the wildman crazy dog at home). The staff where I worked loved him too, most of them at least. Everytime I went, there would be at least four people who would ask me things like, "He ain't mean is he?", or "He ain't gonna bite me is he?", or the classic, while they're holding him and he's loving on them with his little tail going a hundred miles an hour, they ask me what kind of dog he is. I tell them he's an AmStaff and they proceed to ask me what an AmStaff is. I proceed to tell them that it is an AKC showline breed of pitbull type dogs. They immediately hand him back to me, no longer smiling at my cute pup, and say "I don't like those dogs. They're mean. You better watch that he doesn't turn on you."

When I brought my German Shepherd in, no one asked me if she was mean, or if she was going to bite them (And she is the unstable one! Needless to say, as soon as I found out she was unstable around people, she stayed home). In conclusion, only with a pitbull, even a puppy, people will assume he is vicious. I still get annoyed with it, because my German Shepherd is the one who is more likely to rip your face off than Jake.
I think thats crazy! I to have a pitbull and a german shepherd and they are the same as your dogs. My pitbull would lick you to death and smack you with his tail thats going a mile a minute.... But my German Sheperd, man she does not like people or other animals. Shes just a very protective dog and just doesnt get along with other animals, and takes he a while to get use to humans. Best to say not a people or animal person! lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just have to roll my eyes at people. I also love when I saw a lady with a viscious little anklebiter that was literaly frothing at the mouth it wanted to rip into me so bad. Meanwhile this lady is loving on her dog and saying that he just wants to 'meet' me. Yeah...I'm pretty sure if either of my dogs farted wrong, I would have animal control at my house because someone has complained about a dangerous dog.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts