Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Onyx is just out of his 60 day keep. I really wouldnt define it as a keep, more like obsrevstion period for feed workout and recovery times and patterns. I plan to use the info for a data log for future keeps

Started his 60 days 31.6lbs ended at 35.4lbs. Onyx is closing in on 14mos High drive to train and towards critters. Onyx sprint speed and endurance keeps him close to my mothers boxer. His strenght is tremendous. I changed sringpole springs 3 times.

Found a light on the ceiling. Fuzzy cause he was barking

Next day before am feed

Now Ruby exciting Onyx more after i shook his chain and yelled tug

Game time

Tina took this pic with my new phone. 5th phone in 2mos

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
he looks great :D

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Beautiful black shiny coat! Luv him Jimmy :D There is a look-a-like of him in my neighborhood. I see this nice couple walking him and him and Bella met the other day....it was love at first sight with the two of them LOL!!

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Good results, mate. How much down time will you give him before the next one?

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Onyx is looking good

·
Registered
127 Posts
Gorgeous Boy!!

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good results, mate. How much down time will you give him before the next one?
I havent really sat down and thought about yet. I will watch him close and make a decision. Most likely after 18mos, then turn the wick a bit more

Its weird cause i dont see his apperance like these pics. But the pics turn out nice

·
Banned
319 Posts
he gained weight over the 60 days? or was it a typo?

hes nice and shiny :)

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Overall it was a type of keep. Watched his diet and weight close and had a predetermined set of workouts and time tables i worked with

Yes he did gain weight as i did want him to do. I wasnt going to dry him out in the sense of a traditional keep. Onyx was very lean and tight prior to beginning. Iwanted to have him grow at his own rate and test him without causing damage. No pre-keep just a information gathering log 60 i am using for future references

·
Banned
319 Posts
thats strange, never heard of that before.

most people get the dog to the smallest weight possible, without losing power.

mine go down 10 lbs.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thats strange, never heard of that before.

most people get the dog to the smallest weight possible, without losing power.

mine go down 10 lbs.
Thats why i said its keep used most for a trial and error study. Onyx is only 14mos and didnt need to lose weight. Maybe i shouldnt have used "keep in the sense people are used to, like i said a trial study

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Dang Jimmy, Onyx is looking amazing!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts