Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup onyx starts first of 7 classes towards his cgc. He should do very well with his experiences thus fsr. With plenty of reinforcing skills to what he knows now. The person that runs the class is our nutritionist. With onyx havivg his cgc she offers a "bully bloc" class for performance/working pitbull dogs. She is a officer for wapbtc and my handler she introduced me to is a officer for psbtc

I am excited at what is available after the cgc, pitbull dogs only. She has 5 apbt all with working/protection titles and a sbt queen that claims them all

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So far so good. Started off rough guess a little FA. Didnt go after any of the dogs, hust hair standing deep barking. Aja, the instructor, corrected him and we fell in with the rest of the dogs. Aja allowed onyx a variation to some of the positions so it didnt conflict with his confirmation teachings. Nice small group and friendly owners. One of the apbt i liked the color of is the yellow tint i have never seen in person.

I spoke to aja about her work classes, glad that i asked. I can watch hiw the class flows next week. Two thumbs up!!

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
That is awsome!!!! I cant wait to hear more. Wish i had some classes like that around here. good uck and keep us posted. :D

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The other pits all were food focused and responded. Onyx on the other hand ignored food and treats as I knew he would, his fetch ball on the other hand.......total focus. I am totally psyched about the sit in bully bloc class.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
using toys can be fine and just as good as treats. I find toys can be a bit distracting at first so I start with food then move to toys.
If he is not food motivated try backing off how much you feed while in training. Also no feed the night before class and no food the morning of class. He can have his dinner when you get home later. Also you need power treats like hot dogs or something smelly ;)

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its going great he has his formal and informal recalls down. I am steady working on his heel w/o luring him then leading him with his head up. He does confirmation so i have to keep his nose from coming up breif. I dont want him to stop stack then sit. Otherwise i couldnt ask for any better results. Instructor is knowledgeable and patient

1 - 11 of 11 Posts