Go Pitbull Forums banner

Opinions on my new puppy.

2K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  shewerewolf 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok so I saw an ad on a rescue site for a American Bulldog mix puppy. I fell in love with her and her demeanor. I am wondering though if she is really bulldog or if she is one of the other bully breeds. I don't really care which but thought I would see what your opinions were on her breed.

She is the calmest, smartest, and most easy-going pup I have ever met. loves everyone and everything. In two days she learned sit, down, stay, shake, crawl, and walking on a loose leash.

#7 ·
Bulldog can mean any number of things, but a mix is a mix. I am guessing they probably meant American Bulldog (maybe you were thinking English?) but regardless, very cute!

#11 ·
She looks alot like a pit bull to me :D She is adorable whatever she is or isn't. Best of luck with her and your therapy work you plan to do. The goal with my new girl is getting her CGC which stands for Canine Good Citizen :)

#14 ·
A little lady in the making, she could have scott blood and then mixed to something else. She doesn't ressemble an American Bulldog too much but then again I could see a scott type cross to something less Bully creating something like this. Either way she is adorable :)

#15 ·
she could def have some am bulldog in her as she has some of that look but you will be able to tell more as she matures, either way she is adorable and sounds like a wonderful pet!!!

#16 ·
It will be easier when she is older to see how big she gets and how she matures. She looks like a pit bull mix I do not see American Bulldog they are much larger than that. Or I guess I should ask is how old is she and how much does she weigh? I have had American Bulldogs and she does not look like she is mixed with one. The DNA tests are not very accurate.

#24 ·
cute lil girl..... american bulldog mix ;) sounds good! right..?.. :D In this day and time if thats what you were told then thats what you say or good luck finding a spot to rent if you don't own.. LOL I got jokes :p

Seriously good lookin girl, American bulldogs in general are predominantly white with or without patchwork. She's thick ang gagally while maintaining a "pitbull" like look, reminds me of some scott pups I've seen but shes black.. I've never seen a black one, alot of brindle but not a black one besides maybe a bulldog davidfitness posted up while back but I dont think thats a normal or desired trait.. KG420 am I wrong ? but as she said up there.. A MIX is a MIX, go with it, a gorgeous pup.

#25 ·
American bulldog can come in black and white however are most common with white with some type of patch be it brindle brown or what have you, but as far as a MIX goes black and white can happen it just didn't probably drop off the Johnson's farm any time recently :p

Either way Op cute pup I love her she is just to freakin adorable please keep us posted as she matures!!!

#26 ·
Thank you all. She is wonderful...but im wondering if she has a bladder problem..worked with pups for a long time, fostered, owned....everything but Alexa pees more than any pup i have ever seen. She will literally pee 3 times (big puddles) within 15 min....cant seem to get her housebroke completely. I rescued her from a rescue....she had been dumped on a farm and so the couple kept her there till the family found me lol. Also she does have brindle in her coat too...just hard to see in the pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.