Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I’m fairly new to APBTs and I have been doing some research for the past few months. I plan on getting a pup in the near future but I’ve been having trouble finding reputable breeders. I would like to hear your thoughts on these breeders and if you have any suggestions, please let me know. I am not interested in AmBully’s or those XL pits. (I live in Austin, Texas and plan on doing agility and possibly some wp with my pup)

https://richbloodlinekennels.com/
Blue Nose Pitbull Puppies For Sale - Blue Nose Pitbull Breeders - Baby Pitbulls For Sale

·
Super Moderator
4,586 Posts
The fastest way to rule out kennels with websites are as follow:
"blue pit bull" -hard pass
Dogs not titles, shown, worked or health tested- HARD pass
Dogs that don't fit the breed standard at all- pass
The word "fire" used anyone in the description of a dog.- pass
Any dog priced over $3-4K that doesn't have a slew of titled dogs in it's pedigree- pass

So that's a hard no on both. I don't even have to peruse their websites. Do you have any other pets or plan to have any other pets? If you are looking for an APBT and plan to have no other pets, you should find an ADBA dog show to attend and see what's in your area. When you see a dog you like, you walk up and ask questions. Folks like to talk about their dogs. If you're looking for a classic American Bully to work with in agility, then hit up an ABKC or UKC show and do the same.
Seeing the dogs in person and speaking to owners and handlers will give you more insight into the lines you're looking at and help you find the right direction for what you're looking for.
Also, it's show season, so now is the best time to get out there and check them out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey guys! I’m fairly new to APBTs and I have been doing some research for the past few months. I plan on getting a pup in the near future but I’ve been having trouble finding reputable breeders. I would like to hear your thoughts on these breeders and if you have any suggestions, please let me know. I am not interested in AmBully’s or those XL pits. (I live in Austin, Texas and plan on doing agility and possibly some wp with my pup)

https://richbloodlinekennels.com/
Blue Nose Pitbull Puppies For Sale - Blue Nose Pitbull Breeders - Baby Pitbulls For Sale
Blue fire pits has a more updated site on their Instagram @
The fastest way to rule out kennels with websites are as follow:
"blue pit bull" -hard pass
Dogs not titles, shown, worked or health tested- HARD pass
Dogs that don't fit the breed standard at all- pass
The word "fire" used anyone in the description of a dog.- pass
Any dog priced over $3-4K that doesn't have a slew of titled dogs in it's pedigree- pass

So that's a hard no on both. I don't even have to peruse their websites. Do you have any other pets or plan to have any other pets? If you are looking for an APBT and plan to have no other pets, you should find an ADBA dog show to attend and see what's in your area. When you see a dog you like, you walk up and ask questions. Folks like to talk about their dogs. If you're looking for a classic American Bully to work with in agility, then hit up an ABKC or UKC show and do the same.
Seeing the dogs in person and speaking to owners and handlers will give you more insight into the lines you're looking at and help you find the right direction for what you're looking for.
Also, it's show season, so now is the best time to get out there and check them out.
Thank you so much. I do not have any other pets and I may get another APBT if my experience with the first one goes well. Otherwise, I do not plan on having any other pets.

·
Super Moderator
4,586 Posts
Blue fire pits has a more updated site on their Instagram @

Thank you so much. I do not have any other pets and I may get another APBT if my experience with the first one goes well. Otherwise, I do not plan on having any other pets.
Just remember that bull breeds are genetically predisposed to dog aggression. So make sure you are prepared to crate and rotate if a second dog is a possibility in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts