Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good morning everyone,

I had a question regarding whether it would be more beneficial to add hollistic commercial wet food to my dog's dry food or if I added boiled meat with some gravy and veggy broth would be a better choice.

As you all know my newest addition was an emaciated pup possibly infected with worms and I have been working hard to get him back to normal health. My ultimate goal is to get him switched to raw but meanwhile, since I am feeding him 3 times a day I am sticking with a good dry kibble and I have been adding a little bit of wet food and plain yogurt to give him the best nutrition possible, and I started to reallize that the wet food really adds the cost but I thought of making my own homemade mix instead which will be cheaper and I would know what would be in it.

I found something called Vita-Gravy which has omega 3's and it is supossed to add additional vitamins to the dog's diet. So I was thinking of getting fresh chicken, boiling it and mixing it with a tea spoon of vitagravy + raw veggie broth and adding maybe 1-2 table spoons of this to my pup's dry food. What are your thoughts on this mix? I am planning to switch him to raw at 6 months when I can feed him twice a day.

3,968 Posts
i have heard cooked food is harsh on a dogs sthomach...im sure there is good quality kibble that will help with wieght gain! you could search for some of that before you make the transfer to raw. im not 100% sure about the cooked food but i have heard it a few times and it does make sence.

·
Registered
962 Posts
if you are able to do home prepared every day, that would be the way to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts