Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Possible Muscle aches?

I took poor Buddy on a rather long walk today,to get out all that puppy energy,however now he seems to be limping,I am not sure from the walk or playing to rough with the other two dogs.
He isn't putting much pressure on his leg,and he groans. I massaged it,and moved it around,and he wasn't bothered by it. So I am thinking over worked muscles(this was his 2nd long walk,he was a chain dog before)
Is there anything I can do before I bring him in to the vet?

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
just watch him and let him rest. i wouldnt bring him to the vet unless he's not putting any pressure on it or/and seems to be in pain. like yelping when you touch it or not walking at all.
dont waste your money just yet

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Skip the vet talk for now, give it about a week if theres still no improvement a vet visit might be needed. Overworking a dog can result in soreness just as if you over work yourself, you will become sore. Tomorrow i would allow for a "rest" day and do minimal exercising and walking, try to start with the exercising again on thursday and take it from there.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I just feel bad,he's not walking on it at all,it just kinda folds inward and he stumbles over. Yet,he is walking....well more like hopping. He wimpered a lot trying to move around lastnight,but he did make it off the bed himself.
Will just have to wait it out.

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Let him rest. You can try some acv. I would skip the vet unless he can't walk or looks to be injured.

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Post pics. How old is he?

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
I'm starting to think Buddy's leg issues is due to knuckling over.
I just want to get opinions of his legs. The people that had him before had him on a chain outside on the concrete,and were feeding him adult purina dog chow.

I know that can be a huge factor in how he is developing. Soooo. Here you go.

Let me know if you need pics from a better angle.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I dunno I cant really see it a closer shot upfront with him standing might be better the angle onthe last one he is in a shadow and hard to see that area, the lying down pic doesnt help much since they can hold ther paws funny when no weight :) sorry I no help :(

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Get a clean front shot

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
ya it does look slight like te start of it , shouldbe easily fixed this early though. there was a thread on it and someone had a good link on what to do I think it was lauren not sure though ill try and find it.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I saw searching for it,but didn't find it. I googled and got a little info,but I wanted to make sure with the people here,before I started his treatments.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks I read them. I just wanted to know if people though he had the issue. I actually know how to help it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts