Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm not allowed to do weight pulling with my current foster.
So any ideas for building muscle? I'd like to take her swimming more often but
I don't have easy access. We do tug-o-war but I'm building play drive so we have to keep those sessions short for now.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
is she old enough to get going onthe flirt pole or the spring pole? Found it put muscle onloki really fast playing on that an hour or so a day. or running , thats what I am doing with luna and pep right now { yes even pep is running , amazing I know lol}.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Also keep in mind what works for some may not work for your foster. All dogs are different and in the end if the genes aren't there they aren't there.

How old is the pup? You'll really just have to trial and error until you feel you have the right combination that will lead to success.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
All the exercises noted above are great + protein + REST = muscle.

But as you know, the age of the pup is a factor and genetics will determine how much "muscle" the dogs body will be able to produce.

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Flirt pole, spring pole, jogs or bike rides. Don't forget, feed and timing of feed is also important along with rest. As was mentioned, genetics also play a role.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.