Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

We build our first whelping box for Ginger and I have been sleeping in it with her for the past week, hopefully her pups will come out this weekend and this madness can stop, my back aches! It will also be my very first litter so I am super psyched. I hope you guys like the box, Ginger likes it alot... might even let her use that instead of her crate when I am gone. She does really well in it, no accidents and doesn't chew anything but her bones... plus by now my smell is all over the towels and covers that I put in it lol. It might not look it but the box is 6' x 4' so I could actually sleep in there with my wife and Ginger and still have room lol.

Sorry bout the huge pics lol..

· Premium Member
1,041 Posts
I don't know anything about whelping boxes, but that looks pretty nice. Just curious since you said this was your first litter, was it planned or are you embarking on being a breeder? Either way, good luck with the litter and hope they all find good homes.

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know anything about whelping boxes, but that looks pretty nice. Just curious since you said this was your first litter, was it planned or are you embarking on being a breeder? Either way, good luck with the litter and hope they all find good homes.
I have been planning on being a bully breeder for the past 3 years now. This breeding was very much planned lol. I bred her to an ABKC Champion dog in Atlanta and I am in Canada lol.... No accidents there lol. I'm glad you like my box bro, we worked real hard on it.

· Pits Are For Chicks
16,347 Posts
That is a sweet box. I have never had a box for my pups, but Next couple years I will def have to add one here lol. Def a great way to easy contain and clean for them.

· Premium Member
1,041 Posts
I have been planning on being a bully breeder for the past 3 years now. This breeding was very much planned lol. I bred her to an ABKC Champion dog in Atlanta and I am in Canada lol.... No accidents there lol. I'm glad you like my box bro, we worked real hard on it.
Well, good luck to you! Nice to see that it sounds like you put some time, effort and research into it before jumping in. :clap:

· Premium Member
1,041 Posts
That is a sweet box. I have never had a box for my pups, but Next couple years I will def have to add one here lol. Def a great way to easy contain and clean for them.
That's what I was thinking. Gotta make life a lot easier with something like that!

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't wanna post it because I didnt want it to feel like I was advertising, but since you asked, I used ABKC CH Rocky.

I am very excited to see the pups come out. Theres only 2 tho and they already had been reserved before the breeding was done. It is quite easy to clean indeed but it does not fold, it has to be taken down but I dont think I will, my girl Ginger likes it too much.

· Premium Member
1,041 Posts
I am very excited to see the pups come out. Theres only 2 tho and they already had been reserved before the breeding was done. It is quite easy to clean indeed but it does not fold, it has to be taken down but I dont think I will, my girl Ginger likes it too much.
:clap::clap::clap:That's refreshing to see around here for a change!

· Pits Are For Chicks
16,347 Posts
I think they are going to be some great looking bullies :D Can't wait to see them. We haven't had anyone have puppies since Lisa had Xenas litter! We are due for puppies :D

· Registered
1,660 Posts
Thats awesome man...gonna be some clean lil bullies...who is Rocky owned by...if you don't mind me asking...I am not familiar with him...very nice!

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys! Im hoping to keep a male out of it hopefully there is one. Ginger is showing signs that she might have them by tonight or tomorrow morning, could be a false alert tho. Fingers are crossed. This is her second litter (she had her first one with her previous owner) and if they look anything like her first puppies I will be super happy!!!

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rocky is owned by DJ at http://www.mobettabluepits.com. Thanks bro, Im glad you like my breeding! My buddy owns Rocky's sister, a Rocky son, a Rocky daughter and used to own a Rocky niece off of his sister that he owns. When I saw these dogs I knew what I had to do lol.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.