Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a new foster and I will try to make a long story short. I had a Lab I was fostering who is going kennel crazy and needed a foster who could help her learn to be a part of a family. She is a high needs dog and I am too busy to work with her and she has some serious issues. I went to a home consultation for a rescue group who was having aggression issues with a pit bull foster they had. After talking to them I decided the best thing for both of us is to switch fosters. They have to time for a neurotic Lab and our house is perfect for a DA old girl.

This poor pitty was found abandoned along a hwy. She has a ton of medical issues and is about 10-11 years old. She has had a few tumors removed that were cancerous and has several more that need to come off but it is likely that it has spread all over. She has a cherry eye that has also developed a tumor. To top off the medical conditions she is heart worm positive. We are fostering her till she can find a home to live out her few short months or years. We have talked about just adopting her but we will see what happens. We are going to address the heart worm since it seems to not be in the late stages then remove the cherry eye and a few other tumors. This poor old girl looks like she has been bred to death and her teats hang pretty much to the floor. She is happy being a house dog and laying on the couch as I type, we are happy to help the old girl out.

Leonard never gets to name my working dogs so he got to name her, so introducing Belle!

His new couch buddy

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Aww she's beautiful. Poor old girl. She's so lucky to have you both, she looks really happy there :woof:

·
Registered
231 Posts
she is for sure a lucky girl.
bless you guys for taking her in

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
she looks so happy sitting there on the couch with leonard. she landed in the best hands she coulda landed in congrats shes a beautiful dog

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys she is really sweet. Yeah Leonard needs to feel special sometimes so I told him he gets to name this one. She is his new little lap dog. You know I have to let him feel like he is important and makes some decisions ;)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
awww she is a sweetheart , old dogs have such a peace about them I dont get people who just dump old dogs or rehome them after so many years sad the family she has loved and been loyal too wont return the same. I hope she stays with you , lol no guilt trip or anything lol she has gone through so much already and new homes poor old girl. she looks good as a chair buddy for the hubby lol.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Wow Lisa. That's so cool how that worked out! Sounds like it was meant to be. Good for you guys!! You rock!

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So far she is great and we do not mind if she spends the rest of her years here. we have been talking for a while that we would totally adopt a really old dog who needed someone for a few years. This might be gods way of telling us she belongs here. BTW she is wearing panties because we think she leaks so to be sure we put some panties on her and will check for any leakage. Poor girl like she did not have enough problems!

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Poor old girl. I'm glad to see she's found a good home at last. She can live out her golden years the way she deserves to now.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Awe Lisa, bless your heart! She looks like a big marshmallow. Grr I hate people for how they treat there animals when alls they want is to be loved and cared for. Glad you have her. She sounds like a perfect addition to your home ;)

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
awww Lisa she is a doll, thank you for what ou do :D Hugs

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
You guys are truly amazing! Your good karma is gunna come back ten fold. She looks like she really loves you guys and that's so awesome she gets to stay with you. She'll live out the rest of her live in the best place she could have ever found :)

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
way to go lisa, great save! thank you for helping the old girl out it seems like the perfect situation

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Awe she is so cute in her little diaper! Poor baby I am glad you got her I know she will be in the best of hands.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.