Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just over a week ago our 5 month old started barking at noises. He's been slightly vocal as a pup, he'll play-bark on occasion, but lately he's been barking at noises from the TV, or even when the A/C turns on, especially if he's tired or if he's been sleeping and a noise wakes him. He does it multiple time a night too. He always faces the front door, and won't stop barking until we walk down the hall to the front door with him. We've tried telling him "no" or "leave it" but I'm not sure if that's the correct way to stymie the barking. He's obviously scared and/or startled, but I don't know if there's anything we can do. Any suggestions?

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Ignore him and cover his crate with a blanket.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ignore him and cover his crate with a blanket.
This isn't when he's in a crate. He's either resting, or sleeping on the couch next to us while we watch some late night TV. He sleeps on his dog bed at the foot of our bed, and never has problems while sleeping heavily. I'm just concerned that he'll develop a habit of barking every time someone rings the doorbell or knocks.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
It's normal for dogs to bark when someone knocks at the door, that isn't a bad habit. It's the barking for no reason that you want to correct. Try exercising him more and give him something to do, see if that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts