Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Windbag Extrodinaire.
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my mother/inlaw found out our dogs are Pitbulls, this has been a secret for about 4-years. She is a die-hard fan of the "Pit Myth" and now that she knows she is going to be afraid of them even after 4 years of knowing Zues as a big baby. I have been trying to tell her that they are great pets/companions/familymembers in the right hands and there is nothing to be afraid of. How can I get it thru to her that Pitbulls only have this man-eating reputation because of Idiot owners and the uneducated news casters that cover the storys that she sees on tv?:stick:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

·
Windbag Extrodinaire.
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will try to show her these but I'm optimistic though!

·
Registered
72 Posts
tasha, The pitbull problem video brings tears to our eyes on what people do. I believe its that saddest thing I have seen.

·
Windbag Extrodinaire.
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I tried but she dont want anything to do with it. maybe she thinks it might change her mind. Of course she is old and you know how old people are!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
ericschevy said:
Well, I tried but she dont want anything to do with it. maybe she thinks it might change her mind. Of course she is old and you know how old people are!!!!!!!!
Well at least you tried!:thumbsup: Some people's just stick with what they hear on news. But thats okay b/c she's the one missing out on all the future kissese, hugs, and hilarious moments have APBT's give!:)

·
Windbag Extrodinaire.
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The thing that realy gets me is that she was just starting to warm up to him. She did'nt like him to begin with cause he is brindle and she thinks they are ugly.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I hope that she would still love the dog no matter what... My mom was like that, Till i got Harley... She now knows the dogs have to be raised proporly to be good dogs... She told me that she would take Harley if i couldnt keep him... Naw... hes staying:cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts