Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And this is a genuine, honest curiosity, not meant to stir stuff up ...

but why do heated threads always disintegrate into a debate between "real" APBTs and "fake"/petbull APBTs?

This is why I had to take a break from this forum for a few months.

I just don't understand why there even needs to be a division or a put down towards either side? We all have our dogs because we enjoy the qualities these dogs have in their character and personalities. Their devotion and loyalty; their goofy yet regal personalities; their courage and tenacity and drive--all qualities that APBTs (regardless if working or petbull) have in spades that put all other breeds to shame.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
because no matter where you go atleast 1 person is gonna think their item is so much better than some one elses?

·
Registered
190 Posts
anytime you have multiple people with different opinions on a subject that they are all passionate about it bound to get heated at some point not unlike Religion, Politics

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I just don't see it as being necessary, re: putting down other people's dogs. That can get personal real quick and end up hurting a lot of feelings. You can have different beliefs about dogs without making the other person feel like crap for having the dog they have and doing what they do with them.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
I just don't see it as being necessary, re: putting down other people's dogs. That can get personal real quick and end up hurting a lot of feelings. You can have different beliefs about dogs without making the other person feel like crap for having the dog they have and doing what they do with them.
:goodpost: There's nothing wrong with speaking your mind. That's what we're here for after all. However, sometimes we should take a deep breath before we post otherwise it does tend to degrade into personal insults.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
You are correct and it does get old. 99% of people on here have petbulls, even those gamebred ones. Most real gamebred breeders sell the public dogs that would've been culled in the past.You think they're giving up their best prospects or the ones that didn't show good signs? This is the reason I'm not around here much either.

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
Wow..

So much to say, so much not to....
People, Humanity, will always have a clash of opinions and ideas. Over much of everything. This topic is no different.

Those that keep the the APBT... (the American "PIT" [] Bull/Terrier) cant get anymore plain than that without phonetics, and Im so not going there. ;)
... and keep them true to the standards of old, and not the adjusted (normal) legal standards of now will never agree with "show over go"
Looks Shmooks.. that dog gets it done it coulda been blind, 2 legged, with 2 peters and 4 colors. Got it done.. was a Champ. Period.. just so happens our dogs are also freakin gorgeous :0 always have been but they would never care about all that.

People that stay legal, and even those with Rachael Ray hearts will not know this part of the breed first hand. They will take the other fantastic characteristics of the breed and utilize them to whatever means suit their lifestyle. The problem comes when they criticize their roots by slandering the "bad side" ITO of the breed. Not fully knowing it is absolutely where it was created, from fighting dogs. Period

However, I dont feel that just because someone has the desire to show a dog that has won in the [], not out of any other desire except the one in his head. Why cant there be the best of both, the Marine of dogs, able to GET IT DONE! and then put on some dress blues and pick up some tail :)
In my humble experiences with different dogmen and random forumers over the years I have learned some of the best [] dogs arent DA, so why wouldnt it work if the right gumption is there? Me personally.. Id kinda like that status, that reputation. But as it is we are in a society that frowns on something that was legal at one time. but thats politics..

Id also like to say IMO the AmStaff arguement is pretty solid 99% of the time.. but throwbacks happen, and litters do crazy things. Dogs come out with a pop of some DNA from the past and you never know! Tell me Red Ace aint 100% bulldog :)

sorry for the long read,,goodnight:hug:

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have no problem with game dogs or dogs from proven lines. Even if our petbulls aren't proven or game in the truest sense of the definition, the watered down gameness has given them the courage and tenacity and drive that I mentioned above, which I love the most about my boy. You just can't find another breed with the zest for life, the drive to do what their owner wants, all rolled up in a cute body, beefier and more muscular than most boyfriends I've had. I always say, "Give me a guy with a butt tighter than Kane's and I'll be wrapped around their finger!" LOL. :love:

I just don't ever see the need to put down another person's dog, period. That's like walking up to a stranger on the street, telling them their kid is the ugliest kid you've ever seen, and then punching them in the face and running off. It's totally unnecessary--you just. don't. do it.

ps. much respect for the marines. :) I'm an AF brat, but marines are the toughest of the tough and I wouldn't want to mess with them for sure.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
That's like walking up to a stranger on the street, telling them their kid is the ugliest kid you've ever seen, and then punching them in the face and running off. It's totally unnecessary--you just. don't. do it.
:rofl: nice

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just don't ever see the need to put down another person's dog, period. That's like walking up to a stranger on the street, telling them their kid is the ugliest kid you've ever seen, and then punching them in the face and running off. It's totally unnecessary--you just. don't. do it.
I agree. Regardless of everyone's beliefs & doings & their dogs difference, we should all have respect for one another & one anothers dog. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it OR reword it to make it sound nice. This forum is for everyone to get along, ask for advice, help & express themselves. But there is always a nice way to express yourself ;)
This is why I've joined this forum.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I do not think anyone should put down the dog you choose to feed. It is none of their business what you have in your house or yard. I do not care if you have bullies or petbulls or true APBT's I think most the people on this forum feel the same way. On this forum most members here have petbulls and we embrace that. I think when things get heated is when ppl compare petbulls to APBT's and then throw in bullies. You cannot compare apple to oranges but ppl try. We should all respect what one person decides to own without putting down their dogs, that is just uncalled for and against the rules. If you see that report it ;)

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
I love my petbulls :)

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Any time you have working dog people, show dog people, pet bull people, and bully people all in one place things are bound to get heated.

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
And this is a genuine, honest curiosity, not meant to stir stuff up ...

but why do heated threads always disintegrate into a debate between "real" APBTs and "fake"/petbull APBTs?

This is why I had to take a break from this forum for a few months.

I just don't understand why there even needs to be a division or a put down towards either side? We all have our dogs because we enjoy the qualities these dogs have in their character and personalities. Their devotion and loyalty; their goofy yet regal personalities; their courage and tenacity and drive--all qualities that APBTs (regardless if working or petbull) have in spades that put all other breeds to shame.
I know exactly what you're talking about but the main thing to me is I know my dogs are awesome & that's all that matters to me... Anyone that disagrees, well, that's their problem not mine ;)

because no matter where you go atleast 1 person is gonna think their item is so much better than some one elses?
:goodpost:
anytime you have multiple people with different opinions on a subject that they are all passionate about it bound to get heated at some point not unlike Religion, Politics
:goodpost:

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Because everyone needs a darn hug that's why :D

HUGSSSSSSSSSSS

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have no problem with game dogs or dogs from proven lines. Even if our petbulls aren't proven or game in the truest sense of the definition, the watered down gameness has given them the courage and tenacity and drive that I mentioned above, which I love the most about my boy. You just can't find another breed with the zest for life, the drive to do what their owner wants, all rolled up in a cute body, beefier and more muscular than most boyfriends I've had. I always say, "Give me a guy with a butt tighter than Kane's and I'll be wrapped around their finger!" LOL. :love:

ps. much respect for the marines. :) I'm an AF brat, but marines are the toughest of the tough and I wouldn't want to mess with them for sure.
i wouldnt quite compare it like that. more like some guy with an extremely stupid kid talks about how smart and awesome that little moron is when you actually have a little mozart at home writing symphonies. guy gets on your nerves so you get sick of his bragging over nothing and let him know his dumb ugly kid cant count to 5 while your kid can sing an opera....that he wrote himself.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have to agree that having a petbull can seem like second best when your running up against all these working game bred dogs. I think people need to appreciate that petbull owners can at least have an understanding of the true game dogs because they aren't completely removed from their fighting roots, just because they don't have the ideal pedigree :p

But comparing the two is very different and it's more the way these views are put across so people don't get upset. I mean we all get enough flack from the media, public and other dog owners let alone other Pit Bull owners!

·
Banned
1,616 Posts
IMO or shoudl I say the way I feel is its irritating that we had the perfect breed didnt need to change and we got people who wanted to "look tough" or be "hard core" so they started changing a breed, mixing breeds yet still calling them apbt its sad when you see a awesome breed get turned into what its being turned into.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts