Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone post pic of there outside kennel setup. trying to get some ideals on what to use to cover the top of my kennel.Also what can i use to keep it from getting real muddy in the kennel when it rain

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I just use a tarp to cover my outside dog runs, but you could use anything like plywood or that fiberglass roof stuff you see on patios. I find the tarp is light and easy to get up and down.
for the mud we are dealing with that lately { although not in the kennel run as its covered and pretty much protected from that} but the yard im bringing in hog fuel to make a walk way around the bottom of our stairs out to the kennel , but you could use pea gravel, cement, concrete slabs, you could also dig down a foot or 2 if you want to do the work and lay sand and then gravel ontop and then the hog fuel or what surface you want. { we did this for our riding ring for the horses and never had flooding issues or mucky grounds}

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I stay in ms we had 3 days of rain no stop from sun-tues and i had a tarp to cover the kennel but i guess it was so much water on the tarp that i gave in. It was poop mix with mud it wasnt pretty. When i step n the kennel it was like i was on ice sliding every where

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
I don;t no what the roofs on my kennals are the other half got them from his work and hes a sign writter its some type of white vinyl about 5mm thick

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Im in BC it rains 280 days a year lmao , but never thought do you not have a roof on you kennel? I have a chain link one and I just tie the tarp on so I dont have to worry about it caving in. I guess if you have an open top Id look into the fiberglass tops you see on patios and see what you can do to secure that down , anything heavy like plywood I would worry about putting up there if you have a risk of it falling in. if you go with something heavy make sure you put up some sort of support so that it cant fall on the dogs .

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
we can here not sure what the states have, you can get it from garden places as well , we have art and knapp but im sure you have similar stores there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts