Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so I've been trying to do some research on canine back scene I've been getting a lot of mixed information I'm just curious as to everyone on here with their bullies do you do all of the regular vaccinations are there some that you exclude do you not vaccinate it all except for the rabies what do you think the bestest for our babies? I have a 10 and a half month old and recently she was due for her Bordetella and then they also advised me that she should get a lyme and a lepto as well which each have a booster...they tried to give you the reasons why because of ticks and the Lyme disease that is not something that can be cured and also the lepto if you're out hiking with your dog in your dog drink some standing water blah blah blah so stupid me ended up getting them done and then I started noticing a couple areas of thinning hair and hair loss. Any advice because I'm definitely not going back for the Boosters that I'm supposed to be getting in a week I just wanna make sure she stays healthy but I don't want to make her sick her by giving her vaccinations she doesn't need

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
I literally give my dogs a dose of the basic parvo/distemper shot when they are older puppies...and rabies at a year old because its the law even though I'm not worried about my dogs getting rabies. And then you can get a blood titer test done every couple years if you want to make sure your dog still has immunity. My OFRN dog ony received the rabies vaccine once when she was like a year old and the immunity lasted till she was 9 and I never bothered getting her re vaccinated because she was getting older and I didn't want to further stress her immune system. I did the titer tests on her so that I could prove she didnt need it, just in case AC came...
Here is a great site that I pretty much agree with almost everything on... I HATE over vaccinating!
http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
I get my dogs their three puppy shots at 8, 12, 16 weeks, their Rabies shot any time after, and then that's it. I won't be taking them in for boosters for at least 5 years. Most vaccines last longer than that. I will be getting them Bordetella shots now though, even though they aren't boarded they managed to get Kennel Cough and I don't want to deal with that again.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts