Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Rex had his surgery today for hernia and getting fixed. He turns 9 weeks tomorrow. He is in a bit of pain. Ideas on what I can get him to help?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
the vet never sent him home with anything for pain? I would have asked the vet for something .

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Humane society did fixing for free operation would of been 200$ for just the fixing and they wanted 55$ for medication. He's not hurting to bad but as a precoution I'd likesome ideas .

·
Super Moderator
4,587 Posts
Tri Buffered Aspirin in most cases should be OK.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
200mg ibuprofen? Work? And can u get that at walmart?
NO that is DEADLY to dogs!!

You can only give buffered aspirin and if you are not sure what kind to get go to petsmart they carry it over the counter. I just picked some up today for my dogs and it works good enough.
The only problem is you really should not give it to puppies younger than 6 months so your pup might not be old enough. Yes it is painful to have surgery and they should have given you meds for your pup. At that young do not get anything you can get a walmart go to a vets office if you get anything. If you overdose your pup your could shut down the kidney's and kill them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NO that is DEADLY to dogs!!

You can only give buffered aspirin and if you are not sure what kind to get go to petsmart they carry it over the counter. I just picked some up today for my dogs and it works good enough.
The only problem is you really should not give it to puppies younger than 6 months so your pup might not be old enough. Yes it is painful to have surgery and they should have given you meds for your pup. At that young do not get anything you can get a walmart go to a vets office if you get anything. If you overdose your pup your could shut down the kidney's and kill them.
Thanx for all the help.. I got the aspirin and only gave him a 4th of the pill the pill being a 350mg about 85 mg maybe a lil less allspice given with cheese on a full stomach he is now resting no problems.. Thanx for the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts