Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gotti has bacterial prostatitis.
vet has him on 3 different meds. baytril for the bacterial infection. pravicox for the inflammation. and finasteride to shrink up the prostate gland.
you can see the dark areas in his ultra sound. those are fairly large cysts in the prostate.

more than likely will neuter in a few months.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Oh no! I’m sorry Jo, I know you were trying to find a way to treat without having to neuter. Poor Gotti. Thinking of you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,383 Posts
Really sorry to hear Jo. Fingers crossed that all goes well for G Boi. Hopefully the meds will offer him some quick comfort. Keep us posted please.

·
Super Moderator
4,616 Posts
That really sucks dude. I'm sorry G isn't at 100%. I'm glad it's treatable though. Meds and ball whacking will hopefully have him back to his usual self quickly.

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
dang boys.... always causing trouble. :/

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
great news!
GottiBoi's prostate infection is completely gone and the cysts have significantly decreased in size. i didn't get an after pic of the ultra sound but the dark areas were about half the size they were in January.
no ball whacking required!
finasteride 3x a week for maintenance. price is not bad.
the meds do lower his energy level. they prevent testosterone from affecting things other than the prostate. and we all know testosterone is nature's chest pounding juice.
he naps a little longer. our rough-house sessions are shorter. he used to walk the whole perimeter of my yard peeing every 20ft. now he only marks the corner of each turn. a few other things that probably only i will ever notice.
but he's healthy and i'm thankful for that.

can you tell he hates his life?

·
Super Moderator
4,616 Posts
YAY!! Lucky dog has a pool and everything! I want to recover at your house next time I'm sick. LOL!

·
Super Moderator
5,383 Posts
That is great news Jo. Happy to hear Gotti Boi is holding his own and has a good prognosis. Hopefully, the Finasteride keeps things status quo. Here's to no more pain in the butt. :cheers:

Feel bad for the boy having to lay on the concrete pool side though. Mine each have their own lounge chairs although sometimes they prefer to sit on the cement, LOL.

·
Super Moderator
4,616 Posts
Yup, I live in FL, no pool. I'm moving in with one of you guys. Clear out the guest room, or pool house. LOL!

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is great news Jo. Happy to hear Gotti Boi is holding his own and has a good prognosis. Hopefully, the Finasteride keeps things status quo. Here's to no more pain in the butt. :cheers:

Feel bad for the boy having to lay on the concrete pool side though. Mine each have their own lounge chairs although sometimes they prefer to sit on the cement, LOL.
Joe, they look SO SPOILED! and i love it.
i bought Gotti one of those Kuranda things. cost me like 140 bucks and all he did was sniff it. he still prefers the ground. i think he likes the sun-warmed brick.

Yup, I live in FL, no pool. I'm moving in with one of you guys. Clear out the guest room, or pool house. LOL!
humans and canines welcome anytime!

·
Super Moderator
5,383 Posts
Mac,
Anytime you want. The guest room is always ready. Make it during Summer though. When I took the dogs out this morning it was 29 degree's. Tired of this :poop:.
Seriously, all the pool fun with none of the work. :p

·
Super Moderator
5,383 Posts
Joe, they look SO SPOILED! and i love it.
i bought Gotti one of those Kuranda things. cost me like 140 bucks and all he did was sniff it. he still prefers the ground. i think he likes the sun-warmed brick.
In their own way they are spoiled Jo and I'm glad I can do it. I checked out those Kuranda's and you're right they aren't cheap. When we are in the pool (as often as possible), the dogs usually start out on the lounge chairs but usually retreat to under the table with the umbrella, where their 5 gallon bucket of water is. When the weather permits my entire weekend turns into a pool day. You know how much work the upkeep of an in-ground pool is so I get my money's worth, LOL. BTW, if you ever find yourself in Chicago my door is always open (not literally of course, I have several locks, I do, after all, live on the South side of Chicago). :welcome:

·
Super Moderator
4,616 Posts
Cali and Chi town?!? That would make for an interesting vacation. Especially with you two trouble makers. LOL!

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Whoa I seriously missed some stuff here! I'm looking to relocate and get me a job so I'm coming with Mac and moving in with one of you guys!

Jo I'm so glad to hear Gotti is doing well and you didn't have to chop them after all! I know how hard you were working to keep him intact and healthy. Kudos to you and congrats to G-boi!

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
PS - I’m loving the k-9 pool pics. That side eye Joe in your second pic made me giggle. If we ever get the interest in the calendar I’m definitely using the lounge chair pic of Athena and Titus though I may have to doctor it up a bit with some shades and adult beverages! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,383 Posts
I know, Titus was definitely giving me the stink eye in that pic, LOL. Don't know about the shades and beverages but Athena might like a flower. :cheers:

If you do find yourself in Chicago this summer the pool is always open and you are always welcome.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts