Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a baby blue nose pit from my neighbor, and they said the parent has it's papers. I went to visit the pups parents owner and saw them and they were beautiful!! But the owner informed me to just register on some site taking a picture of the front view and sides and I will be able to get my paper... but doesn't it suppose to have the parents info also? She said her first litter all got papers like that also.. please help

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Sounds like The Pit Bull Registry, which is not really a registry or kennel club like the UKC, AKC, ADBA, or ABKC. You have a BYB dog and it has no papers from a reputable registry as your neighbor should have registered the litter with the appropriate registry when the pups were born since she is the "breeder." My dog's ADBA papers have his name, parents' names, registration number for him and his parents, as well as DOB, breeder, owner, and sex. Registries such as the UKC have closed their books too and no longer do single dog registrations. Also, FYI "blue nose" is not a bloodline, it is just as it says- a dog's nose color that is blue. Sounds like this woman has no business breeding dogs and it is even worse she has had more than one litter.

·
keep it REAL
971 Posts
APBR is not the most reputable registry today, but it is fast growing. I use the registry on a couple of my houndz. They have a geneological tracking system that is impressive. A lot of byb type breeders / bullie producers do use the site. It is pretty diverse, and there are reputable people that use their services.
In my mind, they are better than the CKC, who registers hi-brid dogs.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Seems difficult to track genealogy from a front pic and a side pic and no info on actual parentage. Do they offer a limited registration to those dogs of unkown ancestry? Seems like a scam to put 'papers' on dogs for BYB's, if not.

Boss, did you get a new puppy? Or are you talking about the white one from the cropping thread? I think those are the only pics I have seen of him? Is he all white?

·
keep it REAL
971 Posts
There is a lot of that in the registry, but not all the breeders fall in that catagory, lately bullies have taken over. I bet there has been tons of money brought in from this, but the registry holds no shows, any events , and dont seem much put back into it. Just my other thoughts.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
A reputable registry should not slope dogs to be registered with no history of the past family members. No way to register a dog by looking at is pic. I would not blame it on the bully people using the site but the site It's self for allowing it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes thats the new pup that i'm talkin about :)

Seems difficult to track genealogy from a front pic and a side pic and no info on actual parentage. Do they offer a limited registration to those dogs of unkown ancestry? Seems like a scam to put 'papers' on dogs for BYB's, if not.

Boss, did you get a new puppy? Or are you talking about the white one from the cropping thread? I think those are the only pics I have seen of him? Is he all white?

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
APBR is not the most reputable registry today, but it is fast growing. I use the registry on a couple of my houndz. They have a geneological tracking system that is impressive. A lot of byb type breeders / bullie producers do use the site. It is pretty diverse, and there are reputable people that use their services.
In my mind, they are better than the CKC, who registers hi-brid dogs.
APBR does the exact same thing. I registered my mutts with them when I was 16....They are in no way reputable and are encouraging the breeding of unpedigreed dogs by giving them starter "papers". We have papered dogs there is no need to paper ones of unknown lineage.

How you proceed is spaying or neutering your pet, and if you want to compete get limited Reg through the UKC and/or ADBA.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
but i am in no way a byb but it does seem like there alot of those on there. I saw another registry but culdnt remeber what it was called tho.

·
keep it REAL
971 Posts
I use to be real active on there, but chose to step away from the site and just use the pedigree services. I would become kind of upset with the site because of all the people who came there to try to sell their turds. It was getting bad when I left.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
APBR does the exact same thing. I registered my mutts with them when I was 16....They are in no way reputable and are encouraging the breeding of pedigreed dogs by giving them starter "papers". We have papered dog there is no need to paper ones of unknown lineage.

How you proceed is spaying or neutering your pet, and is you want to compete get limited Reg through the UKC and/or ADBA.

·
Registered
84 Posts
ok.. so how should i proceed?
Unfortunately brother, you cant do anything but LOVE your dog even more! Sadly I have seen this happen time and time again. But this makes your dog no less valuable and if anything it should make him even more valuable to you because its not about the paperwork in this case. I have had plenty of dogs with papers and unless you plan to breed or show there useless. Its good to know where you dog comes from, but this goes back to getting a dog from a REPUTABLE breeder.

When this same situation happened to a friend of mine he learned his lesson and never bought from a backyard breeder again. But to this day that dog he bought turned out great!

Good luck man, stick around the forums and you will see that papers dont mean much, your dog will love you with or without them... will you?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts