Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just going to keep posting pictures of my dogs in this thread because I take waaaaay too many to make a new thread every time, lol.

Here are a few fun shots from today. We finally got a long rope so that Squirt can feel free even if he isn't. :D

Squirt and my partner Anthony :)

The inevitable derp picture...

·
Super Moderator
5,315 Posts
Nice action shots at the park BCdogs. Looks like everyone had a fun time. Those feet getting tangled in the rope would make me nervous though.Thanks for sharing the pictures. It will be fun to check out this thread and see the changes in your dogs.

Joe

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Awesome pics!! What breeds is Squirt do you know? Got the coloring of an Akita, chow and shiba inu :)
Thanks for the pic update!

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice action shots at the park BCdogs. Looks like everyone had a fun time. Those feet getting tangled in the rope would make me nervous though.Thanks for sharing the pictures. It will be fun to check out this thread and see the changes in your dogs.

Joe
Yes it was making me nervous too, I think we're going to have to figure out a way to prevent that next time. Not entirely sure how, for today we just kept it really slack to make sure nothing got hung up.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome pics!! What breeds is Squirt do you know? Got the coloring of an Akita, chow and shiba inu :)
Thanks for the pic update!
The honest answer is that I have no idea! I do believe that his dad was mostly Rottweiler. We were told Rottie/Lab/Pointer by the owners but I think there is some bulldog in there somewhere. The DNA test came back Rottie/SBT/Viszla. I just call him a mystery mutt for the most part unless people ask for specifics, then I just say Rottie mix. :p

·
Registered
49 Posts
I love the shot where he is in the air with his mouth open to catch the tennis ball.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Great pictures! Looks like a blast:) That's my boy's idea of fun also. He wants nothing to do with the flirt pole, but he will jump over my head to catch a ball lol. Oh and don't worry my girl girl never catches it either lol.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great pictures! Looks like a blast:) That's my boy's idea of fun also. He wants nothing to do with the flirt pole, but he will jump over my head to catch a ball lol. Oh and don't worry my girl girl never catches it either lol.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Haha, I haven't tried him with the flirt pole but I don't think he'd like it either, he's not a toy fan at all, he just loves to jump for the ball and half the time he's not even trying to catch it!

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In regards to Jttar's comment, has anyone used a long line on their dog before? I've been reading up on it and apparently the tangling issue is common and can be dangerous. Does anyone know a trick to preventing this? Squirt twists around in the air when jumping for his ball so I'm at a loss on how to keep it from getting wrapped up.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
such cute pups! I would also have your partner wear a golf glove or some type of glove. A regular rope can BURN hands BAD!!!! How come only one is tethered? Do you not have leash laws in your area? Just curious :)

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
such cute pups! I would also have your partner wear a golf glove or some type of glove. A regular rope can BURN hands BAD!!!! How come only one is tethered? Do you not have leash laws in your area? Just curious :)
Thank you! I've already learned the hard way about the rope burn, holy shit. My pinky is missing a lot of skin at the moment. It's a fenced-in field so they can be off-leash, but my male, Squirt is very reactive so he is ALWAYS leashed no matter where we are. If someone were to enter the field with their dog and he was off-leash, there's no way he's coming back when called and a fight's probably going to happen. Piggy's great though, she has perfect recall and leaves strangers alone. :)

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thought I'd share a few "Awwwww" moments, haha.

Also, don't mind the random socks in nearly every picture... they are total sock thieves. Our living room is where lonely socks go to die... :angeldevi

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fantastic shots!!! Do tell, how in the world do you get them so clear when they are in action? I have a samsung galaxy camera, and tried the action freeze shot feature, to no avail. All blurry. I mean you can see every cute detail of these dogs!!! I must say...very partial to the brindle, but that tan one...eye candy!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fantastic shots!!! Do tell, how in the world do you get them so clear when they are in action? I have a samsung galaxy camera, and tried the action freeze shot feature, to no avail. All blurry. I mean you can see every cute detail of these dogs!!! I must say...very partial to the brindle, but that tan one...eye candy!!!!
Thank you!! I mostly use an old SLR I got about 7 years ago. It's a Canon Rebel XT and I put it on the action shot mode. But some of those pictures were actually taken on my iPhone, believe it or not!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts