Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, having always had dogs who allowed me to trim their nails without problems, I was taking Cerena to the groomers for nail trims but was always disappointed that they never seemed to trim them short enough.

After the discussion about Cerena's dewclaws and the encouragement and explanation to try trimming like a horse being shoe-ed, it worked! Partially anyhow. After failed attempts to do it myself, I had my daughter hold a spoon of peanut butter for her to lick while I trimmed the back nails. I tried moving to the front paws but the peanut butter ran out. I decided to give her a break and do the front paws this afternoon. Maybe I won't have to use the groomers after all! :clap:

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Sounds Like a Sticky Situation ;)p

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
It is always nice to work a dog that cooperates. I hate when they pull you pull it is like I am trying to cut down a tree or something with a hand saw. Frustrating. Hope the afternon session goes well. :D

·
Registered
901 Posts
We use Mike n Ikes. One hands them a Mike n Ike while they r chewing on it, clip and this goes on until all are clipped. Never thought of the peanut butter trick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts