Go Pitbull Forums banner

Pathetic really ,,,

Tags
pathetic
1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  pittybull01 
#1 ·
Two dogs were stolen yesterday within minutes from my house. One was a boxer about 15 minutes away and the other(closer to my house,like maybe 5 minutes away,if that) was a pitbull,who was taken right out of the back yard,WHILE the owners where home !!

:mad: Im pretty upset over this and now im too afraid to leave Bailey out without me being out there,I know she wont go with a stranger(but who knows,im sure if they have food she will) and is protective over me and her home when around strangers.

Should I be worried or ? What would you do ?

#2 ·
Big reason people need to stop leaving there dogs outside unattended unless the yard is set up for that. Our yard is like 10ft fence withonly 1 gate to get in which is pad locked { more incase someone leaves it unlatched by accident} But dogs should never be left out when noone is watching them or gone out . As sad as it is I have heard this same story wayyy to often. if you want to leave them out get a dog run with a roof and pad lock it, although a lock only keeps the honest honest.

#3 · (Edited)
I never leave her out at night time or while we are gone . My reason for thinking I would never have this problem. I chain her out then go inside,she barks when shes ready to come in and I go out and get her. Plus she always barks when someone is around . But im still worried,im still working on getting a kennel but will have one by may or the first of june .

I hate it that those people lost their dogs,and knowing people around here , there probley went to a byb or will be used for fighting .

#6 ·
Underground electric fences are crap, but a nice hot wire works. I never leave any of my dogs unattended in the yard. Aside from theft, which actually happens far less then the dog escaping the yard, there is poisoning, dog being teased by other dogs or people through the fence. I never trust a bored, determined bulldog, lol

#9 ·
Even is you are home I would never leave your dogs outside, just go out in the yard with them, all it takes is 30 seconds to snatch and jump in a car and ride away. Not worth it to me to leave my boy unattended EVER in my city.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.