Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i think there is something going on with koda's paws. it seems to only happen when he is standing on wet grass, he lifts his back paws up kinda as if the grass was burning his feet. He basicly just stands in one spot. i took him inside and looked closely at his paws and they seem to be kinda pink and seem to be a little swollen. i took him on a walk earlier this mourning and it was sunny so do you think maybe they got burnt somehow or something :( i really worried i hope someone can help me out here

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Sounds like an ant bite. My dogs have got bitten by ants on the feet and it looks just like that and yes it burns. You can give some benadryl to help with the reaction. If you dog weighs about 50lbs you can give two benadryl pills. The dosage is 1mg per pound of body weight, each pill is 25mgs.

When you take your dog from a walk feel the ground in the sun and if it is hot to the touch it is too hot to walk your dog. Or take your shoes off and if it is not comfortable for you then you should not walk your dog. If his feet were really burning you would have notices him picking up his feet and not wanting to walk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts