Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after our daily walk today noticed that koda's back paws look raw and chapped. his front ones are not raw but very chapped also. they dont seem to hurt nor bother him at all so im just wondering what i can do to help this issue, this is the first time ive seen this on him. any input would be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
You sure there isn't a piece of glass or a splinter bothering him? I guess if its all 4 paws I would think Allergies or something. the pic is small and hard to see if its swollen? is it raw from licking too much? or from just being chapped? Try some Bag Balm on the paws, i get a big thing on ebay for like under 10 bucks, I use that in the winter if I don't have the MUSH stuff for snow handy. But its adds moisture back in for chapping dry utters, or paws lol. Bag-Balm,Vermonts Original Moisturizing Ointment -10oz on eBay!

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
something similar happened to my boy last week. i think someone in my neighborhood sprayed insecticide or some other lawn treatment. his paws looked like minor chemical burn.
like ames suggested, Bag Balm. i've also used Aquaphor (because I always have some around when I get tattooed)
just make sure you clean the affected areas really well first with a mild soap. and allow them to dry before you apply the ointment.

·
Registered
241 Posts
My dogs paw got like that before and i put triple anibotic cream on it and it healed up, i put it on there when she was just laying around so that way it wouldnt wipe off when she walked around.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
You can also purchase Bag Balm at any local feed/farmer's market kind of place, and Walmart used to carry it, but they carry something very similar now called Pet Balm. Same stuff, different name and design on the tin can. Looks like your pup may have just scuffed the pads. This happened to Ices a few weeks ago after walking her on the asphalt. Rubber her paws down with some Bag Balm and she was better within a day or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts