Go Pitbull Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 271 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I like how there bullys are actually registered with the ABKC, I cant comment much on the dogs Ilike some of there heads but most pictures are action shots, or laying down makes it really hard to see the conformation and size of the dogs themselves. that pup missy last one on the female page I dont like the looks of her and they over stacked her. I wouldnt pick a pup from them based on the pictures there , just not enough to show me what they are about. JMO
also what are the gator lines? is that a apbt line? havent heard of it would like more info if someone is familiar with that line , that dog was very handsome I think it was thunder, atleast what I could see of him.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
I don't see any pedigrees listed, nor do I see any titles (show wins) So I don't think much of them. ;) Looks like they are just breeding to be breeding..... and making money.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
I haven't finished looking and they don't have much information on their site.

I dislike that they used "XXL" and talked about how big around their heads are. I don't see any titles on their dog, "PR" is nothing special really. I don't see anything about health testing. I'd also like to know how frequently they breed.

If they're service quality dogs, they could at least get CGC titles.

Like angelbaby said, there aren't really any pictures that you can tell structure in. They don't have much information on the individual dogs from what I saw.

But that's just my opinion.

Edit: Also, what did your friend have to do to acquire a puppy? Did he get the pup with a contract, did the breeders have him come to them and see their dogs?

But I also don't like that they don't have posts about their activity with their dogs, participating in shows, sports, etc.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
They said they had a nice pedigree, but I'd like to see a lot more Champion titles.

Scroll down for ped on these two dogs.
Paws With Power Privet X Rowdy

Edit: Just realized, that dog Rowdy, the one with more Razor's Edge in his pedigree, isn't from their kennel. The female is, for those who look at the link.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
the peds shown dont look complete to me, it looks like the 6-9 generation of one of my dogs ped. doesnt really show the 1st few generations of the ped , when the big names are that far back it doesnt make your dog a "good' ped dog alot of those dogs where bred to alot of dogs and have hundreds of offspring you see alot of those names like buckshot and watuka spirit and stuff on thousands of peds.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
A long time ago a older man once said to me: ” Good things are seldom cheap and cheap things are seldom good”
'
lol love that quote they have on the sales page , is this how they justify prices? what do they ask for there dogs?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Edit: Also, what did your friend have to do to acquire a puppy? Did he get the pup with a contract, did the breeders have him come to them and see their dogs?
My buddy was looking up Arizona kennels online and ran accross this one. He got his pup for $300. The breeder stated that they were only that cheap for the week since it was Sargents (Sire) First Breeding. Ill post some more pics of Sarg. here soon. He was really BIG lol

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
someone didnt cull properly.. or they are misinformed..
Paws With Power PWP Storm

All Colby... I've seen pure red nosed colby dogs and they are always from someone other than Colby Family Dogs. Colby culled anything with a red nose ;) and he used a good amount of same stock. Yeah I know its a chocolate but thats still considered red.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
someone didnt cull properly.. or they are misinformed..
Paws With Power PWP Storm

All Colby... I've seen pure red nosed colby dogs and they are always from someone other than Colby Family Dogs. Colby culled anything with a red nose ;) and he used a good amount of same stock. Yeah I know its a chocolate but thats still considered red.
DANGIT Stan! It says I have to spred the love before giving you reputation again! :goodpost::goodpost:

And to the OP, you said the pups were only 300 for the week? And because it was the sire's first litter.... hahaha I bet they just could not get rid of the pups because their original price was too high so they were getting desperate.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And to the OP, you said the pups were only 300 for the week? And because it was the sire's first litter.... hahaha I bet they just could not get rid of the pups because their original price was too high so they were getting desperate.
That is probably true, i dont remember how much the original price was other than for that week.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sargent was only 1.5yrs old at the time of the pics and breeding.

I didnt get to really see their whole set up, she had the pups in the front of her house as well as the mom and dad.

·
Registered
776 Posts
sire /dam without titles = why bother ...
those kennels are always the ones that want a large sum for pups and find poop to praise in thier dogs like big heads ...why the hell do i want a dog with a head so big it cant keep it off the ground? i can imagine holes in drywall when head-inertia keeps them from stopping in time ....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi This is Ida from Paws With Power. I found this post. I want to clear up things. The pup was cheap because it was the last one left and just had ABKC papers. It is a low grade pedigree. I do show or weight pull my dogs. They do have ribons , Public access and other temperment test. I health test and contracts on all my pups and dogs. I dont just breed to breed! You may not know the lines if you did you would know that the dogs in the pedigrees are show dogs or weight pulling. I have produced many show dos, weight pullers and service dogs. Come see my dogs you will not find any faults to them or temperment problems. I am not the best pitcher taker! I dont make money on my dogs it gose back into them or my service dog program. My female only breed 1 time a year and my males only 3 times in there whole life!
All mosted all my dogs are american pit bull terriers 'pr' Ukc papered and ABKC. Thunder and storm are AAPBA and ABKC only so there pups are cheaper.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
i applaude you for the health testing but there are some things brought up that i dont think were addressed right, the "ribbons ' your dogs win are they titles? cause alot of dogs can win ribbons its titles that are more meaningful. Just because a dog is a show dog persay doesnt make it a breeding dog , and to say you wont find faults in your dogs ihave yet to see and people who judge dogs have told me they are even yet to see a dog without faults. if the dog is registered with ABKC it is not a pitbull terrier it is an american bully. i didnt see any harsh bashing on your kennel someone asked for an opinion based on what we saw on the kennel page, maybe its a new site? it is lacking some info i would have loved to see some plain shots of the dogs from the front and side, nothing special or anything just pictures where we could have seen the structures a bit better. Also the health testing is a big plus but i didnt see much about that on there either , you should be proud you do this so many more kennels need to follow this do you do OFA or Penn hip? and what have the results been? And the pedigrees would have been nice to see i clicked on the dogs pictures but said the page could not be found, maybe under construction? ido like some of your dogs as stated in the previous post , but just the lack of info on there is what most were responding too. Welcome to the forum by the way , its nice you have come to reply to this yourself and maybe we can get answers directly from the source now rather then through a middle man :}

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Just curious, what type of health testing do you do? Have you titled any dogs?

^What Angelbaby said. ;)

1 - 20 of 271 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.