Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would let you know how things are going.

We've been off NuVet for just over a month. Well I actually havent fully stopped, but he only gets one pill every monday.

Ive seen No change, Color, shine, shedding, muscle tone, engery. Energy has actually seemed to have gone up.

I cant really see any change. If i work him real hard ill give him one just to give that extra vitamin, but im thinking his system is up to par.

So, so far so good. Ill post again in a month or so. immune system seems to be ticking along nicely.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
good to know ill be looking forward to your next month update :) i am just so nervous to stop since he did have immune issues as a baby puppy but i am looking forward to hearing your experience.

as far as the bank account goes all our money goes to Peanut and fishing anyways :)

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
hahahha i know elvis :) just so nervous that if we stop with them that his immune system will get weak and demodex again...ugh i guess its more me paranoid and want to feel like we are keeping the bugs away

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was a bit worried too. My pup was in a poor state when i got him, had lots of uckies and a poor immune system which led to skin problems, etc, etc. you get the idea, he wasnt able to fight off normal every day stuff.

I used NuVet for basically 8-9months straight, once a day every day. He went for a 3.5 out of 10 to a 10 out of 10. I havent had one immune system related issue since he was put in my care. reason i say this is im just tryn to relate to you.

That 90 bucks every sixs months is nice, it helps pay for more that high quality dog food which in return makes up for supplements.

Im glad i used it when i did, but i think now a good diet/feed/raw/what have you will do more than enough.

I have about 1/4 of a bottle left, still gonna do every monday until gone. So ill post again when they are gone, and again after hes been fully off.

I just look at pics if dogs like Lux, and think OMG and he doesnt use NuVet.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I just look at pics if dogs like Lux, and think OMG and he doesnt use NuVet.
No, I've never used NuVet, but I also have never had a dog with a weakened immune system. All I use is TOTW, two table spoons of plain yogurt per day (Yogurt has been shown to strengthen the immune system) and a little ground Flax Seed. When it comes to NuVet the big question for me has always been, would your dog's immune system have kicked in by its self in that time period or did NuVet actually help? Unfortunate we'll never actually know, but I do know it didn't to use it. Glad to hear your pup is doing well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts