Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i might have to just start a Pearl photo thread.

she is a busy dog, and has many hobbies.

one is.................frog hunting, but as they taste yucky, she does not eat them, just hunts them. :)

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
OMG my dog would be flipping out XD he loves frog hunting too but he like to chew them up.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
these frogs are not poisonous, but they do have a nasty 'flavor' that makes predators see them as not so good too eat. :)

in fact they are bullfrogs, the kind raised for frog legs, they are slowly taking over the natural frogs and their habitats, mean and nasty they are, will even eat their own kind.

here is a close up photo, you can see how big their mouths are............

·
Registered
309 Posts
ewwwwwwww

like I said, we have toads here and they are poisonous to dogs. we had a dog once that used to loooove to get high on toads...he'd try and eat them alllllllllll the time.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we are lucky not to have any poisonous critters in my area.

but those bullfrogs have been known to eat small birds, snakes, and even attack cats, some are over 2 pounds.

they are such a problem that there are now Bullfrog exterminators.

If too many move into my pond, I may have to think about catching and killing them, though not looking forward to it.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
we are lucky not to have any poisonous critters in my area.

but those bullfrogs have been known to eat small birds, snakes, and even attack cats, some are over 2 pounds.

they are such a problem that there are now Bullfrog exterminators.

If too many move into my pond, I may have to think about catching and killing them, though not looking forward to it.
That's crazy. We've seen them here too so it won't be long till they come take over I'm sure. :( they'll probably eat all my cute little tree frogs.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it is what they are doing, eating the smaller frogs species and taking over their territory.....and fast. There have been a few articles on the problem lately, they are spreading out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts