Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Why would you want to breed a bully back to a game bred dog? What's the logic in that?

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
Then keep this show dog and buy a pull dog. Idk anyone who would want to take a quality apbt to him (not saying he isnt a nice animal or anything like that). In a lot o ppls eyes you're "ruining" both dogs to make inconsistent dogs that aren't needed. Theres plenty of ch show dogs that are ace pull dogs.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Your dog is Gaff correct? That makes him AmStaff or maybe Bully! NOT APBT....if you breed him with a gamebred dog, then you will be creating mutts.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
He's not a bully his ped is just in that database. I want a show look with game drive for weight pull and dock jump.
You dont even know what "game" means.. gameness is not anything to do with "drive" and doesnt play into a dog being better at weight pull or dock diving at all.

You will be creating mutts and I highly doubt youll be offered up a "game" or game bred bitch by anyone with any sense to breed that crap to.. just fyi

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
This guy has very little gaff in him I mean there are some here and there way back but he is basically an Amstaff. Lots of Nevada and Larum blood. Great blood for UKC dogs I also found some 187 Homicidal Roughneck in there which is down from some game dogs but its way back there like the gaff dogs. I mean his lineage was line bred for so many gens then out crossed and now you kinda got Amstaff soup. He's got lots of different lineage. I know you love him and he is the bees knees to you but unfortunately he is a very typical bred UKC dog. He would not fair well in ADBA as hes not close to ADBA standard I see no point in taking him into a gamebred dog. You will not get consistency with your boy being so inconsistently bred by pedigree.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You dont even know what "game" means.. gameness is"not anything to do with "drive" and doesnt play into a dog being better at weight pull or dock diving at all.

You will be creating mutts and I highly doubt youll be offered up a "game" or game bred bitch by anyone with any sense to breed that crap to.. just fyi
I'm pretty sure that cross has been done before. I know exactly what "gameness" means and game bred and just because a dog is game bred doesn't mean it's game. I don't know why I asked I should just do it and post pictures amd let everyone tell me how cute he is. I bet the asshole that wanted to breed bulldogs with pits to make the american bully probably heard a ton of shit from people but now everyone owns a structurally fd dog. Which is also a mutt.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This guy has very little gaff in him I mean there are some here and there way back but he is basically an Amstaff. Lots of Nevada and Larum blood. Great blood for UKC dogs I also found some 187 Homicidal Roughneck in there which is down from some game dogs but its way back there like the gaff dogs. I mean his lineage was line bred for so many gens then out crossed and now you kinda got Amstaff soup. He's got lots of different lineage. I know you love him and he is the bees knees to you but unfortunately he is a very typical bred UKC dog. He would not fair well in ADBA as hes not close to ADBA standard I see no point in taking him into a gamebred dog. You will not get consistency with your boy being so inconsistently bred by pedigree.
Thank you so much! Based on his photos could I do well with him in UKC events.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I'm pretty sure that cross has been done before. I know exactly what "gameness" means and game bred and just because a dog is game bred doesn't mean it's game. I don't know why I asked I should just do it and post pictures amd let everyone tell me how cute he is. I bet the asshole that wanted to breed bulldogs with pits to make the american bully probably heard a ton of shit from people but now everyone owns a structurally fd dog. Which is also a mutt.
LMAO :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Depending on the judge and the area really most likely he would do well. There are some judges however in UKC that prefer almost an ADBA standard from what I here I haven't competed in UKC so far. But to me he looks like the typical build UKC prefers.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Thank you so much! Based on his photos could I do well with him in UKC events.
It that first picture he looks a little over stacked in the front. But still looks pretty good. If you can get him to stack with his front end straighter but his back end the way you have it in that picture I am sure that there will be judges who like him. The rest of his lines look quite clean.

Personally if I was looking to breed him I would find a really clean AmStaff bitch who has placed and has a nice tight ped; and go in that direction. That doesn't mean you can't do wp, or dock jumping, but it will mean you have a greater chance of consistency. Quite possibly look for a bitch with a really nice head, and you will have pups that are a good how quality.

If I may ask, what makes you think that you boy is the right dog to breed into a game bitch? (I'm not trying to get you down, I am genuinely curious)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
well if he's an am. Staff then there shoudnt be no problem with breeding it to a apbt.
are you fn nuts?....if he's got the ukc crap then he should breed to the ukc crap....only if they have a purpose other than cash!!!and from what i read they dont...yet!!!

After everything that you and him read you still want to stick with doing that then yes, yall are fn nuts!!!

Why dont you get into the stickies and all the old posts and read what these people are trying they level best to educate others about?

Yea it's your dog and you can do what you wish.just keep it to your self...

If you wanted a game bred dog you shoulda got 1 in the first place...but from where i sit ...ima glad you didnt...

Just my 2 and as it is your dog this is my laptop...so before you say keep it to myself...think about that!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Lol, man I'm sorry I fell asleep I was just being a smart ass , I was gonna make a joke out of it but crashed out , ate to much turkey:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts