Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so y'all bear with me, I will try to make this story as short as possible, lol. So yesterday Penny threw up, I didn't think anything about it, well a couple of hours later she threw up again, and it continued thru the evening, thru the night and I took her to the vet this morning. I thought she had poisened herself by eating the stupid morning glories ( it's a flower/vine) on the fence. So when I called the vet's office yesterday they told me to give her Kaopectate and bring her in in the morning if she was still vomiting. She didn't eat her dinner, which anyone who knows my Penny and has ever heard or seen me type, she is VERY food motivated, so for her not to eat, something is wrong.

I didn't get any sleep and was too tired to clean up throw up, gross I know but that is the one bodily function I have a problem with. So we take off to the vet this morning, she is fine but I had to carry her in, she wouldn't even get up to go inside and she loves going to the vet, so I put her on the exame table and she looks at the tech Morgan and lays her head in his hands, Doc said he was gonna keep her and make some phone calls, I picked her up at 11:30 and we got almost home, we were like 10 minutes from the house and she had her first seizure, then two more, I made it home and she had three more, so a total of 6, 6 cc's of Valium and her regular am meds and some kibble and she is snoozing now on the couch.

As a side note, the morning glories did not cause her vomitting, they are a psychadellic but would only cause diahrea (sp) and hallucinations, but not vomitting, she had a hair ball, silly girl licks the carpet all the time. So now we have to watch this and her seizures. I love my girl.

Reactions: aimee235

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
She is such a strong girl to go thru what she does. Poor Pooh :(

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Oh man ... Poor Penny Pooh :( She is such a strong girl please give her a big kiss for me on her forehead ... I am sending my prayers to you both hope she doesn't have anymore seizures...

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Wow that must have been sooo scarey for you!! sooo glad that you found out what was wrong and everything is ok!!

Stay strong Penny!!

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you Holly, Sadie and Stacia, Penny is still rather lethargic, but I am force feeding her chicken broth and honey water thru a syringe, about 3 cc's at a time and she seems to be getting a bit perkier, still hasn't eaten but just keeping fingers crossed. SHe also had a mild seizure today, so a total of 7 in less than 24 hours.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
hang in there Penny pooh! We love you!

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you so much Suzanne, Penny sends her love to you and says thanks, we loveyou too :D

·
parasite killer
518 Posts
Awww! so sorry to hear about all this! Poor girl! I hope she gets better soon for both of your sakes! Hang in there!

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Dammit Tye, I am sorry that I am replying late, forgive me. Forgive me Penny. I love that dog and I have never met her, but I know her, I have seen her eyes. I pray that she is going to be good to go real soon! Why can't this crap just stay away from her??? NO MORE!!!! Please give her a calming, soothing hug and kiss from me:) She is special;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts