Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so my good friend, Kyrone, got married and his new wife is a weirdo. Have not spoken to him since he got married, one of those types people. Now he was my bff since we were 16 years old. I have one tattoo, but I'm not into the sleeve look and all that. If you are into 'em, more power to you, just not a fan of them cause they are usually messy and hard to see.

Well I just saw his wife got a tattoo, my question is, no matter how long you have been with someone, even if you are married, would you ever get a tattoo of their name on your body? And if so, would it be THIS kind of tattoo?

Do people have to have mental issues to do this or am I just being too judgmental? I need to take a step back and see what others feel. I think this proves the bitch is crazy...

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
I don't know I have been with my sweet wifey since high school. So 10 years last March we had a lil girl and only now have I been thinking of getting the names of both my favorite little ladies. but I have also never been a of tats running across people chest like that I thought of maybe on one side of my chest a over the heart kind of thing. IDK

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HAHAHA lol @dutchy ok cool. I guess its just me lol. They only been married a year and together for 14 months. I can totally see getting your kids, I mean they will ALWAYS be your kids. What if something happens to your partner and then you get remarried? If my man had his dead wife across his chest every time I looked at him I would have to see her name, I don't think I would like it. but maybe its just me. I mean you cant wear a shirt or dress and cover that up! I just don't get it, lol

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
i've been w/ my woman 10 yrs.. though i would get her name tattoo'd on me, just not that extreme

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Nope, never. But I would never get a tat there, or my husband's name. What I did do was design a tattoo that mixes our star signs: he is a gemini (roman numeral two "II") and I am a leo (squiggly symbol that resembles a lion's mane I guess). The tat is of the leo sign wrapping around the gemini sign. Though, we'd been together for five years when I got it. We've now been together over 11.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
At the rate marriages last today she got to be crazy to do that shit! Never in a million would I get some dudes name on my body.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i've been w/ my woman 10 yrs.. though i would get her name tattoo'd on me, just not that extreme
OK I agree with that, I mean somewhere discrete only he will see maybe??

Yea thats too hardcore lol. crazeee
yeah lol

Nope, never. But I would never get a tat there, or my husband's name. What I did do was design a tattoo that mixes our star signs: he is a gemini (roman numeral two "II") and I am a leo (squiggly symbol that resembles a lion's mane I guess). The tat is of the leo sign wrapping around the gemini sign. Though, we'd been together for five years when I got it. We've now been together over 11.
see that's a GREAT idea, special meaning to you. Like your's you explained though! lol

·
Registered
691 Posts
That's too visible. My ex husband got my name across his heart... not visible unless his shirt was off (I bet his new wife loves that haha) but I would never get a tattoo in that spot... I would never find a job. LOL

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
well, i've currently got 5 tattoos. One has the initials of my ex husband, very small, next to it. One is my oldest daughter's name. One is of my beloved APBT Debo, aka my "hansum man". I also have the traditional "tramp stamp" that says Semper Fi (yes the USMCs motto, Latin for always faithful). That was my first tattoo when I was stationed in MS for training. I also have a heart with a sword stabbed through the top of it, protuding from the bottom, and the handle of the sword is a claw (like a dragon's) holding a crystal ball. All my tatt's are designs that i thought up and drew myself, except Debo (I took the pic of him). I have more drawn up for my other 2 daughter's names, but haven't gotten them done yet. Ally my tattoos have significant meaning, and i put a lot of thought and effort into them and spend years perfecting my desired design before getting them. However, all my tattoos are hidden under everyday clothing.

But, yes Amy... I concur you'd have to be crazy to get a name on you permanently that you can't say for sure would always be there until death. It's one thing to commemorate someone after their passing, but in life if they're not your parent or child, i see no reason to do that. I'm forever brandished with my ex's initials, but i have our 2 daughters to remind me everyday anyways, lol.

·
Registered
816 Posts
i have both arms covered up half way from wrists to elbows..... thought about putting my son, thought about putting my dad (died) , ..... in the end its a matter of taste.... i cant see myself putting anyones name on my body....my tattoos tell u MY story not my families' .....

but one of my exes had her ex s name on her ass LOL .... then covered it up LOL.... names dont end well.... ESPECIALLY your mate

oh btw ..... L L L L L L L yeah buddy i haz new laptop!!! yipeee

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
I don't currently have one but plan to when I'm of age. Only name you'll see on my body is my dog's lol

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I would never put names on me with the exception of maybe kids. The one I getting for them though will just have a birthdate . I have been through a divorce so I know how things can change years later no was in hell would I Put a guys name on me. Tattoos should be for yourself not someone else.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
LMAO Smiggs, that portrait is horrible . Id love to get my dog on me but if not done right can turn out like a bassett hound or something LOL so prob wont get that. I think if someone means enough to get a tattoo of there is another way to do it symbols or something. Im getting a bird done in memory of my gramps, everyone who knows him knows that fits him.

LOL boyfriend says the only names that should be on you is a in memory tatt or your kids :)

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
At the rate marriages last today she got to be crazy to do that shit! Never in a million would I get some dudes name on my body.
hear hear!!! Drinking some blueberry Martini's to that! lol

That's too visible. My ex husband got my name across his heart... not visible unless his shirt was off (I bet his new wife loves that haha) but I would never get a tattoo in that spot... I would never find a job. LOL
right, somethings you should not have to make the world see lol His new wife HATES IT hahaha

well, i've currently got 5 tattoos. One has the initials of my ex husband, very small, next to it. One is my oldest daughter's name. One is of my beloved APBT Debo, aka my "hansum man". I also have the traditional "tramp stamp" that says Semper Fi (yes the USMCs motto, Latin for always faithful). That was my first tattoo when I was stationed in MS for training. I also have a heart with a sword stabbed through the top of it, protuding from the bottom, and the handle of the sword is a claw (like a dragon's) holding a crystal ball. All my tatt's are designs that i thought up and drew myself, except Debo (I took the pic of him). I have more drawn up for my other 2 daughter's names, but haven't gotten them done yet. Ally my tattoos have significant meaning, and i put a lot of thought and effort into them and spend years perfecting my desired design before getting them. However, all my tattoos are hidden under everyday clothing.

But, yes Amy... I concur you'd have to be crazy to get a name on you permanently that you can't say for sure would always be there until death. It's one thing to commemorate someone after their passing, but in life if they're not your parent or child, i see no reason to do that. I'm forever brandished with my ex's initials, but i have our 2 daughters to remind me everyday anyways, lol.
hahaha right, more power to you! I have seen lots of people with beautiful tattoo's! And even some nice sleeves or shirts and what not. They should mean something and initials are wayy easier to understand than that! lmao

i have both arms covered up half way from wrists to elbows..... thought about putting my son, thought about putting my dad (died) , ..... in the end its a matter of taste.... i cant see myself putting anyones name on my body....my tattoos tell u MY story not my families' .....

but one of my exes had her ex s name on her ass LOL .... then covered it up LOL.... names dont end well.... ESPECIALLY your mate

oh btw ..... L L L L L L L yeah buddy i haz new laptop!!! yipeee
I hear that, its totally personal choice. WHatever makes you happy lol I think its like bad luck, jinxing it, lol YAY for a new laptop

I don't currently have one but plan to when I'm of age. Only name you'll see on my body is my dog's lol
That's how I feel girl!! Keep it like that! lol

I would never put names on me with the exception of maybe kids. The one I getting for them though will just have a birthdate . I have been through a divorce so I know how things can change years later no was in hell would I Put a guys name on me. Tattoos should be for yourself not someone else.
exactly!! kids are one thing, and like your idea, still not a name, it means it to you, not the entire world in your business! lol...

lol it looks nothing like her haha
thats hot

personally i would get this one

No tattoos for me :) unless its the cat with buthole belly button.
I am all for tat's! Its just the name and placement of this one, lol. or the cat one, not good dude. just terrible, lol

LMAO Smiggs, that portrait is horrible . Id love to get my dog on me but if not done right can turn out like a bassett hound or something LOL so prob wont get that. I think if someone means enough to get a tattoo of there is another way to do it symbols or something. Im getting a bird done in memory of my gramps, everyone who knows him knows that fits him.

LOL boyfriend says the only names that should be on you is a in memory tatt or your kids :)
hahaha that would be funny, or not really if you dont know the person well enough totally need to know your artist!! the bird is nice, what kind? I like tats like that, ones you know and remember good times, not like BAM IN YOUR FACE. I agree with your man totally.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Personally, I'm into "art" on my body...not words. I don't care for any of the tribal stuff either. I just got a branch of Japanese cherry blossoms all down the top of my foot and people ask me if its real or a sock LOL! Beautiful piece of art. My next one will be in a couple of weeks! Can't wait. :D

Reactions: ames
1 - 20 of 55 Posts