Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't trust humans OR animals in my area. my block, and a couple blocks around me are a nice neighborhood. beyond that, isn't good. and the people from those places walk through my neighborhood ALOT.

I am small, 5'2 and 100 pounds. I really just don't feel comfortable walking my dogs alone in my neighborhood. our local state park is nice, i love to walk their 3 mile trail, its very secluded and nice. but that's just it, it's SECLUDED. creeps go out there and fish and whatnot... again, i don't really feel comfortable doing it alone. my dogs would probably just stand there happily, licking anybody they can get near if something happened, but i want to be safe.

i've been seriously considering pepper spray, but i've never used it before. will it work on humans AND dogs? there are a lot of dogs that people keep off-leash in their yards or that get loose, and i don't care how friendly.. i'll spray that beeitch right in the eyes.

i found this key-chain one, but do you guys think it's worth that much? i just want something that i can fit into my jeans pocket and i can bust out and spray some peeps if they come after me. Let me know what you guys think!

pepper spray- keychain

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im too afraid to carry a knife, and my fiance said they could probably just get it away from me and stab me with it anyways *sigh*

i looked up a taser and they're a bit expensive... i'd like to save up for one, but i don't think i can afford them right now....

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
How about a pocket knife? Something small they will not see.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Buy a gun and get a permit to carry a hand gun/concealed weapon. Take some classes on how to defend yourself and use your weapon if attacked.

·
Registered
383 Posts
tasers hurt. ive never been pepper sprayed/maced but i know more than a few cops that have been and i belive them when they say its just as bad as a tazer or worse.

yes pepper spray works on dogs too.

they have 650k volt ( thats anough to scare 99% of people trust me ) on that website you posted for $50 which isnt bad.

mace you can use from a further distance, and less physical, things to consider.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,761 Posts
yep pepper spray works on both humans and dogs...well as long as the human isn't pumped up on crack or something

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
Get a pistol. Exercise your right. :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
you can spend alot on firearms, pepper spray would work, BOXCUTTERS are cheaper tho and it only takes a firm grip on it, and alot of slices twards somebodys face to get to leave you alone, real quick like.

be safe!

·
GoPitBull/facebook Admin
647 Posts
If u get a taser make sure it's the real deal...other stun guns hurt but don't always knock down.....pepper sprays a good bet it takes z tough dude to keep coming after getting sprayed

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I KNOW LMAO! i'm going to go out and get a taser, gun, pepper spray, a knife, a box cutter..... might as well carry around a grenade as well >> << thats y'know... if something happens and there's no escape.. just blow us all up. lmao.

do you guys think 15 dollars is too much for a little pocket pepper spray?

·
Registered
423 Posts
If you don't want a knife or a gun I strongly advise to get a tazer. A friend of mines cousin almost had her purse snatched when she was walking home at night from a bus stop. That guy thought he was about to come up until he got zapped, he hit the floor and was crying like a baby turns out he was only 16 so hopefully he learned his lesson.

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i would really like a taser, but the cheapest i could find online (maybe im not looking in the right place) was like 300 dollars. i don't really have 300 dollars to spend right now lolz.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts