Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there use pet insurance?

After Tia's mounting vet bills I thought about looking into it, but wondering if it's a rip-off. Just looked at some of the adverts online, but having real experiences from a forum beats info from a paid site.

I'm going to call my vet to see if/who's insurance she would recommend...I just know I didn't like the position I was in when Tia was on the table and I was wondering just how reasonably far my bank account was going to stretch that day, and I know I have to come up with a better "plan B". The pet buffer in savings didn't get it and had to dip into regular savings and it put a pinch on our household. Don't get me wrong, I would do it again, but in this day and age every penny counts!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I dont know how it is there compared to up here might be a bit different. But after this last bill that scost me over a grand the vet told us about a coverage through him , depends on what you want to pay a month packages start from like $10 a month to $28 a month { he reccommends the higher priced one for when you 1st get pups until all there vaccines are done and they are out of the clear kinda with there immune system up then dropping to a lower one } Its really a great idea if you can pay the monthly fee it isnt much and we all know how things pop up unexpected and at the worst times. The coverage covers everything within the office, exam fees { which we never get charged anyways } surgical , medications , anesthestia {sp?}, the only thing it doesnt cover are things that have to go out of office { he does alot of tests himself} but any specialty blood work or things that get sent off I have to pay there fee. Really though out of all the times I have been there I have never had to have anything sent out. So we are starting to do these monthly fees with my dogs now if you dont have any big issues it works out to atleast cover your yearly vaccinations and deworming ect so its still worth it, you dont lose money on it.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Keep in mind you have to pay the vet before you can get reimbursed from your company and it could take up to 8 weeks to get reimbursed. I looked into it but could not find one that worked for me and my vet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts